"Can Obama Get Reelected?"

07 Apr 2011 09:46 #1 by Blazer Bob
"Lefties are also angry about Obama's other lies and betrayals: keeping Gitmo open, signing off on assassinations and even the torture of U.S. soldiers (PFC Bradley Manning), redefining U.S. troops in Iraq as "support personnel." Just this week he reneged on his promise to get rid of Bush's kangaroo courts and put 9/11 suspects on trial.

Everyone--left, middle and right--is furious about his Herbert Hoover-like lack of concern over the economy. While the multimillionaire president blithely talks about a recovery as he heads off to golf with his wealthy friends, unemployment is rising and becoming structural. Obama will surely pay for the disconnect between reality (no jobs, shrinking paychecks, hidden inflation) and the rosy rhetoric coming out of the White House and U.S. state media."

http://www.uexpress.com/tedrall/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Apr 2011 09:51 #2 by Martin Ent Inc
Things will be greatly different in 2012.

07 Apr 2011 09:55 #3 by FredHayek
It is way early to predict right now but based on the current Republicans out there I am guessing Obama will be retained.
Then again if you had asked me 4 years ago, I would have never believed that McCain would be picked for the Republicans. Moderate New Hampshire as the first primary wields a lot more influence than both the TEA Party and the Left realizes.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Apr 2011 09:56 #4 by LadyJazzer
Yes, unemployment is certainly rampant... They've only created 1.7 million private-sector jobs in the last 2 years, and brought the unemployment rate down a whole percentage-point, from 9.8 to 8.8, and it's still dropping... In fact, the sector that is losing the most jobs right now is the government sector...

You can thank the GOP for the shrinking paychecks. They OWN that one.

Given the lack of a Republican "bench" of candidates, other than the few looney-tunes teabaggers, Obama can probably win without working up too much of a sweat. The GOP has alienated Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and is working on a few others... As I've said before, just keep doing what you're doing!! It's too much to hope for.

07 Apr 2011 10:07 #5 by ScienceChic
http://www.alternet.org/news/150523/pre ... _promises/
President Obama's Top 5 Broken Campaign Promises
Polls show that less than half the country believes President Obama deserves reelection, with disaffected liberals now a fast growing demographic.
April 6, 2011

Polls show that less than half the country believes President Obama deserves reelection, with disaffected liberals now a fast growing demographic.

Even though Obama clearly leads all of the likely Republican front-runners at this point, the deep dissatisfaction brewing within his core constituency could make the president, and his whole party, uniquely vulnerable in next year's elections.

Below are five of the biggest campaign pledges Obama failed to keep -- for which he'll likely have to answer before election day 2012.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-a ... ency-award
Daily Show: Victory Lapse - Obama Transparency Award
The media is not allowed to attend the meeting where President Obama receives an award for transparency.
Monday April 4, 2011

This has been the Administration that has prosecuted more whistleblowers in the previous 2 years than in the preceding 40 years, that meets with lobbyists across the street from the White House so they don't have to disclose they're meeting with lobbyists, and, this is true, censored nearly 200 pages of internal emails about their efforts to make government more transparent.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Apr 2011 10:10 #6 by RenegadeCJ

LadyJazzer wrote: Yes, unemployment is certainly rampant... They've only created 1.7 million private-sector jobs in the last 2 years, and brought the unemployment rate down a whole percentage-point, from 9.8 to 8.8, and it's still dropping... In fact, the sector that is losing the most jobs right now is the government sector...

You can thank the GOP for the shrinking paychecks. They OWN that one.

Given the lack of a Republican "bench" of candidates, other than the few looney-tunes teabaggers, Obama can probably win without working up too much of a sweat. The GOP has alienated Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and is working on a few others... As I've said before, just keep doing what you're doing!! It's too much to hope for.

I have mixed emotions. Obama has done a nothing to improve the country. Not because he is an evil guy, but rather because he has no idea how. The current group of reps who have announced don't excite me, but, if Obama is elected for another 4 yrs and follows his same blueprint he is on for the next 4 yrs, our financial picture as a country will be a whole lot worse. He has no intention of reducing govt. spending. Maybe Hillary will oppose him, and we will survive for 4 more yrs until we actually get a president who is willing to take on the hard issues. On the flip side, if we can win back the senate, keep the house, I wouldn't mind Obama as pres for 4 more yrs, instead of a weak rep in there. Then in 2016, when our new crop of reps who are governors now could run, win with no problem, and actually improve the country substantially. Christie/Ryan or Christie/Rubio ticket? The dems have nobody....

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

07 Apr 2011 10:20 #7 by HEARTLESS
LJ, the government creates debt and taxes, starts wars with or without Congressional approval, it doesn't create jobs.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

07 Apr 2011 10:24 #8 by LadyJazzer
Good.. .That means you can stop blaming Obama for job-losses, doesn't it? How conveeeeenient that you can blame him when it's down from Bush's Recession, but his policies have nothing to do with it coming back up...

I'll remember that....

07 Apr 2011 10:28 #9 by HEARTLESS
And you keep voting for those intent on bankrupting the nation, taking more of our rights, because its your team. Yeah team. :Cheer

The silent majority will be silent no more.

07 Apr 2011 11:34 #10 by Martin Ent Inc
You know,, you can do NOTHING about the past (bitch alot like some do) but you can help make the future, And right now without some sort of "we the people" intervention into government our future looks bleek.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds