Tighe for Sheriff?

12 Aug 2010 21:25 #1 by fordgirl
Tighe for Sheriff? was created by fordgirl
Is this rumor? Or is this truth? I had a friend chatting with a deputy with the PCSO and it was confirmed as truth. Did we really just vote Fred in for 2 more years so he could step down to allow his buddy take his place? Any comments on this one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Aug 2010 21:54 #2 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Tighe for Sheriff?
Don't know how many places I have to post this for the message to sink in, but if Fred steps down and Tighe is appointed to fill the remainder of his term, the appointment IS ONLY FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE TERM. If Tighe wants to continue to be sheriff he'll have to face a vote to get the office.

12 Aug 2010 22:05 #3 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic Tighe for Sheriff?
4 year term - 2 years = 2 years of TIGHE!

Plus, additional 4 years

So, are you saying we should just let him have 2 years, since it is only 2 years?

12 Aug 2010 22:06 #4 by fordgirl
Replied by fordgirl on topic Tighe for Sheriff?
I understand that and he will win just like Fred won this one. People vote like drones! It's pathetic and Park County will continue to NOT prosper with the idiots that we continue to elect.

12 Aug 2010 22:18 #5 by AV8OR

fordgirl wrote: I understand that and he will win just like Fred won this one. People vote like drones! It's pathetic and Park County will continue to NOT prosper with the idiots that we continue to elect.

It was a question for Mt Mamma

13 Aug 2010 10:40 #6 by ColoradoXprss
Replied by ColoradoXprss on topic Tighe for Sheriff?
Come Hell or High Water...I'll be doing all I can to make sure that TIGHE does not become our Sheriff after Freddie is gone :Hellno: , and Park County Residents NEED to get involved AND start paying attention to what has been going on for years in this county instead of turning a blind eye. :snapoutofit:

13 Aug 2010 11:17 #7 by AV8OR

ColoradoXprss wrote: Come Hell or High Water...I'll be doing all I can to make sure that TIGHE does not become our Sheriff after Freddie is gone :Hellno: , and Park County Residents NEED to get involved AND start paying attention to what has been going on for years in this county instead of turning a blind eye. :snapoutofit:

Will we see you at the BBQ tomorrow?

13 Aug 2010 11:23 #8 by ColoradoXprss
Replied by ColoradoXprss on topic Tighe for Sheriff?
Will we see you at the BBQ tomorrow?[/quote]

Depends..you gonna try and find a tree to hang me on?? :hands: :nyah: :yikes: :party :banana: :CryingLOL:

13 Aug 2010 13:23 #9 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Tighe for Sheriff?

AV8OR wrote: 4 year term - 2 years = 2 years of TIGHE!

Plus, additional 4 years

So, are you saying we should just let him have 2 years, since it is only 2 years?

Not saying that at all. But I refuse to get my undies in a bunch for 2 years on a rumor. The additional 4 would only happen if the voters of ParkCo gave him a full term.

Were the rumor to become fact, who appoints the replacement sheriff for Fred? The commissioners I'm assuming? If so, we need to be extremely careful who we vote for in November for commissioner. I'm quite sure Dowalaby would be for Tighe's appointment, thereby not getting my vote.

Doesn't it just suck to have to do all this thinking ahead and planning on politics?

13 Aug 2010 18:05 #10 by RHT08
Replied by RHT08 on topic Tighe for Sheriff?
TIGHE would fit right in he's real good at running out of the room when citizens ask questions, Just like Fred!!!!

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds