A $578 million dollar school in a bankrupt state?

23 Aug 2010 21:05 #11 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic A $578 million dollar school in a bankrupt state?

netdude wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

Wayne Harrison wrote: The sad thing is, we spend that on a war and nobody blinks. But spend the same amount on a school and look at the protests. Our country is backwards.

It's nothing short of sickening..We easily flushed 578 million down the toilet today in the middle east and this tardo is upset about us building a school that will literally educate millions of children in it's lifetime. How did they get these drones to agrue and fight like hell against their self interests? Thats what I want to know. How did they get them to do that!?

They appeal to their good traits!! (selfishness and hate)

yep

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Aug 2010 00:02 #12 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote:

netdude wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

Wayne Harrison wrote: The sad thing is, we spend that on a war and nobody blinks. But spend the same amount on a school and look at the protests. Our country is backwards.

It's nothing short of sickening..We easily flushed 578 million down the toilet today in the middle east and this tardo is upset about us building a school that will literally educate millions of children in it's lifetime. How did they get these drones to agrue and fight like hell against their self interests? Thats what I want to know. How did they get them to do that!?

They appeal to their good traits!! (selfishness and hate)

yep

You two have got to be kidding! VL you and your exaggerations. ( I hate to think what you claim in bed. 4 inches does not equal 9) First you say we killed over a million civilioins in Iraq when it is proven that it is less than 100,000 and most of those are from insurgents. Their own people which we are trying to stop.

Now you say that this school which teaches 4200 students will 'literally educate millions'? Even to get to 1 million that would take 238 years if they had a new 4200 in there every year. But it takes them 12 years to go through it so now we are up to almost 3000 years for just 1 million kids and that is if no one drops out but, oops, there is a 27% drop out rate there so now we are up to 10577 years just to teach 1 million. And you said millions. So I will give your exaggeration the benefit of the doubt and just say 2 million. So this school will only need to stand for about 21,000 years to teach what you are claiming it will. Great investment.

And Wayne give me a break. That war liberated 26 million men women and children from rape torture and murder. (I am going to post some graphic videos of that for people to watch) to remind all these bleeding heart liberals who claim to care so much about people that these are real human beings that were being raped and tortured. Real mothers and sisters and daughters. I am sure if it were a daughter of someone that you knew you would be grateful that we helped to stop it. They may have a democracy soon, and it barely cost more than 1 school for only 4200 kids in the middle of a town where they have the worst scores and a 27% drop out rate. You are really comparing the two?

24 Aug 2010 07:36 #13 by FredHayek
Know how much it costs to educate a kid in Newark? $25,000 each (And those are NPR numbers.). I am betting most of that money is never seen by the kid. Likely the bureacracy gets half of it. I know private schools could do that for 1/2 the cost and twice the graduation rate, but we have to protect those union school teachers and 1/2 billion dollar new schools.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Aug 2010 08:38 #14 by The Viking

SS109 wrote: Know how much it costs to educate a kid in Newark? $25,000 each (And those are NPR numbers.). I am betting most of that money is never seen by the kid. Likely the bureacracy gets half of it. I know private schools could do that for 1/2 the cost and twice the graduation rate, but we have to protect those union school teachers and 1/2 billion dollar new schools.

Exactly! That is what is wrong with our public school system and people still want to complain that we are not spending enough on education. BS. We spend too much. The problem is that the more we give, the more they waste. Then they don't know what happened to it and they tell us they have to cut teachers. And the dropout rate is so high and the scores are dropping the more money we give. Explain that one. $25,000 per kid? Are you kidding me? What kind of books are they giving them? Gold covered ones?

24 Aug 2010 08:45 #15 by Scruffy
We received notice from Jeffco that they cut their budget this year 25%. They took it out of maintenance, lunches, and supplies. We had to buy the books for the kids. Every sport has to raise the majority of their own funds, as that part of the budget has also been cut.

Can you point out to me where the waste in Jeffco schools is? I think they've cut everything about as tight as possible.

24 Aug 2010 08:47 - 23 Dec 2011 06:50 #16 by The Boss

24 Aug 2010 14:04 #17 by FredHayek

Scruffy wrote: We received notice from Jeffco that they cut their budget this year 25%. They took it out of maintenance, lunches, and supplies. We had to buy the books for the kids. Every sport has to raise the majority of their own funds, as that part of the budget has also been cut.

Can you point out to me where the waste in Jeffco schools is? I think they've cut everything about as tight as possible.

rofllol I bet they didn't cut administrators salaries by 25%. They make the cuts that will most convince parents to vote for more school taxes.
And I bet even by buying books, etc, you will be better off than the county increasing your property taxes on your devalued homes.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Aug 2010 14:17 #18 by Scruffy

SS109 wrote:

Scruffy wrote: We received notice from Jeffco that they cut their budget this year 25%. They took it out of maintenance, lunches, and supplies. We had to buy the books for the kids. Every sport has to raise the majority of their own funds, as that part of the budget has also been cut.

rofllol I bet they didn't cut administrators salaries by 25%. They make the cuts that will most convince parents to vote for more school taxes.
And I bet even by buying books, etc, you will be better off than the county increasing your property taxes on your devalued homes.

Wow - you're really cynical.

I don't know if they cut administrators salaries. I bet they didn't, but then I bet they didn't cut teachers salaries by 25% either. Since they cut the teaching staff, maybe they cut the administrative staff,too. I don't know.

24 Aug 2010 17:36 #19 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic A $578 million dollar school in a bankrupt state?

SS109 wrote: Know how much it costs to educate a kid in Newark? $25,000 each (And those are NPR numbers.). I am betting most of that money is never seen by the kid. Likely the bureacracy gets half of it. I know private schools could do that for 1/2 the cost and twice the graduation rate, but we have to protect those union school teachers and 1/2 billion dollar new schools.

LOL-School teachers barely get paid a livabale wage in this country...They go to college for 4 to 6 years so they can work 9 hours a day, grade papers at home for another 3 hours a day, deal with retarded parents like you and their head case kids- and all that to earn a whopping 22k a year!- Those greedy bastards. They're heros

Read it sh**forbrains
http://www.nationalpriorities.org/trade ... +Trade+Off

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds