Supreme Court Ends Affirmative Action?

04 Jul 2023 07:52 - 04 Jul 2023 07:53 #11 by ramage
To be sure the preparation for college is woeful in most public schools. Also to blame is the university. It is accepting unqualified students, gathering tuition money avariciously. Will the university downside? I seriously doubt it.

Happy 4th of July,, everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jul 2023 10:14 #12 by homeagain
FOLLOW THE MONEY.....most public education is woefully underfunded and teachers deserve a LIVING WAGE and should NOT have to buy supplies from THEIR SALARY....most schools curriculum are obsolete for TODAY'S relevancy and need to be radically revised to actually TEACH STUDENTS how to survive in the present p.o.s. and beyond. I think it is called progressive and forward thinking.

04 Jul 2023 11:39 #13 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: FOLLOW THE MONEY.....most public education is woefully underfunded and teachers deserve a LIVING WAGE and should NOT have to buy supplies from THEIR SALARY....most schools curriculum are obsolete for TODAY'S relevancy and need to be radically revised to actually TEACH STUDENTS how to survive in the present p.o.s. and beyond. I think it is called progressive and forward thinking.

Ironically it is deep blue cities and states that fail most on educating children. Luckily states like Ohio just passed vouchers so parents can afford to send their kids to schools that actually have requirements and standards instead of the ones that automatically promote students despite them not being up to standards in math and English.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Jul 2023 13:35 #14 by ramage
From: www.salary.com/research/salary/benchmark...ol-teacher-salary/co

$57, 368 is the average salary for a teacher in Colorado. Working 9 months of the year.

What do you think teachers should be paid, HA?

04 Jul 2023 14:24 #15 by homeagain
$57, 368 is the average salary for a teacher in Colorado. Working 9 months of the year.........IS THAT GROSS OR NET.???

I assure u that my fitness trainer's wife (who works with mentally deficient young children) does NOT even come close to that number.....they adopted a 3 month old,under developed baby,whose mother was mentally deficient and used drugs....their expenses over rode the stipend given them monthly,they live VERY modestly
and he was going for an advanced degree in several modalities ....because money was tight with the new
addition.

04 Jul 2023 16:57 #16 by ramage
You did not answer my question.

But to answer yours the salary is gross salary.

the following citation will provide you with detailed information as to the money and benefits for teachers in Colorado.
colorado.teach.org/colorado/salary-benefits

04 Jul 2023 17:54 #17 by homeagain
Grand Junction Mesa County Valley School District 51 $43,665 $46,915 (MASTERS) THIS is gross,not net.....HUGE discrepancy between front range and western slope.(as stated in article LOCATION
MAKES THE DIFFERENCE IN REGARDS TO WHAT U QUOTED AS AVERAGE.

05 Jul 2023 17:35 #18 by ramage
Clearly you did not bother to read the citation. The average salary is that for the state of Colorado. Perhaps those teachers on the Western Slope who are envious of the salaries on the front range should move there and incur the increased cost of living.

05 Jul 2023 18:26 #19 by homeagain
CLEARLY u missed the portion of the article that stated LOCATION WILL VARY THE AVERAGE......not all want to be in the armpit of Colorado (DENVER METRO)

05 Jul 2023 20:30 #20 by ramage
No I did not miss the fact that locale will vary from average.
that is why it call an average. All school districts in Colorado are used to create an average for the state. Of course salaries vary depends on one's area.
As an aside I am happy that your friends' travail with UA worked out.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds