CHUTZPAH

09 Jan 2024 08:33 #1 by ramage
CHUTZPAH was created by ramage
The Israeli government is asking the U.S. to give them money so that they can pay unemployment benefits for the 100,000+ Arabs from the West Bank. These are Arabs that work in Israel and have not been allowed to cross the border since Oct 7, for work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2024 09:16 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic CHUTZPAH
The sad part is that we will probably pay that bill, depending on how it helps Democrats in some way. I’m pretty sure we dumped a few billion into Ukraine for similar reasons. It’s just money, we can print more.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Jan 2024 11:25 #3 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic CHUTZPAH
www.businessinsider.com/us-taxpayers-spe...ar-study-2020-2?op=1

NOT an isolated case,take a guess at the Vietnam war.......

09 Jan 2024 13:48 #4 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic CHUTZPAH
HA,
U.S. forces were engaged in Vietnam. Boots on the ground. In Israel we are paying the Israelis to kill Palestinians.
Do you equate support of South Vietnam with our support of Israel?

11 Jan 2024 14:42 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic CHUTZPAH
America, the world's checkbook!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Jan 2024 16:55 #6 by ramage
Yeah, the world's check book as long as we are the printers of the world's exchange currency.

11 Jan 2024 18:55 #7 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic CHUTZPAH

ramage wrote: Yeah, the world's check book as long as we are the printers of the world's exchange currency.

I wish more than about 5% of our population was educated enough to know what's going to happen if the dollar is no longer the world currency... thanks to those who vote for people who just don't care how much we print and spend.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Jan 2024 21:01 #8 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic CHUTZPAH
The dollar has lost a lot of status as the world's reserve currency. The Euro is very popular overseas. Has much of the same stability because of German domination.
Which other currency would you trust? The Yen maybe. I wouldn't hold currency in Chinese denominations, nor the Ruble. Both are very untrustworthy.

Maybe Bitcoin? I don't trust that one either. Government can shut that down very easily.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Jan 2024 17:40 #9 by ramage
On a national level William (Lia) Thomas now plans to compete for a slot on the U.S. Olympic women's swimming team.

27 Jan 2024 09:02 #10 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic CHUTZPAH

ramage wrote: HA,
U.S. forces were engaged in Vietnam. Boots on the ground. In Israel we are paying the Israelis to kill Palestinians.
Do you equate support of South Vietnam with our support of Israel?

boots on the ground/ vs. drones....war is WAR...war is non productive (today)...we need diplomacy/upgraded intelligence/ and an adroit negotiator. I have already posted.... OUR POLICIES in foreign countries have
been less than honorable and NOW that is coming back to bite us. (Confessions of an Economic Hitman)

(OUR VERY NATURE,as a species, is not of peace.)

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds