Governments? Good Or Evil?

06 Feb 2024 15:09 #11 by FredHayek
I was asking you and not Google. Do you want to ban ICE by 2030? Or just not let them be sold?

Do you want to mandate roof solar panels on all new housing builds? Or instead give tax breaks to those who add solar panels to their current roofs?

Do you want to ban natural gas feeds into new homes? Or issue tax rebates to those who build electric only homes?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Feb 2024 15:15 #12 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: I was asking you and not Google. Do you want to ban ICE by 2030? Or just not let them be sold?

Do you want to mandate roof solar panels on all new housing builds? Or instead give tax breaks to those who add solar panels to their current roofs?

Do you want to ban natural gas feeds into new homes? Or issue tax rebates to those who build electric only homes?

and I'm saying the answers to these questions can be found. I don't know the answers, but there are solutions out there, if you really want them.

06 Feb 2024 15:29 #13 by homeagain
Just as a reminder...ECOLOGY and EARTH DAY were buzz words decades ago.....our species is not very evolved. Burying your head in the sand does NOT speak well for the future of generations who r presently
children/or young adults....not to mention the newborns just arriving on the orb. I am ELATED I am in my last quarter of my life.....the 6th extinction is exacting a toll THIS VERY MOMENT.. 85ish seems like a nice exit number...5 is my "good" number. I will observe the progress (or lack of) when I am on the other side...it
will be a pleasant surprise IF we FINALLY find actionable solutions OR just muck along,mired in misery.

WATER is the finite factor.....PAY ATTENTION....the indigenous people KNOW what is to come.(if Gaia is not
protected and cherished.)

06 Feb 2024 16:07 #14 by FredHayek
So if the West treats Gaia right, but India and China don't, we are still screwed? Should we go to war with those states and blow up their coal fired power plants?

06 Feb 2024 16:37 #15 by homeagain
I speak of the species.....MANKIND. (we r the virus that THE MATRIX referred to).....

06 Feb 2024 17:43 #16 by Blazer Bob
In that case we are all Donald Trump.:woohoo:

07 Feb 2024 07:08 #17 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote: In that case we are all Donald Trump.:woohoo:

WHAT A AWESOME OBSERVATION!!!!

07 Feb 2024 10:45 #18 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Governments? Good Or Evil?

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote: Ah, just wait. Watch how many people die of heat, cold, and starvation if the radical leftists get their way and wean us off of affordable and efficient energy. Hitler and Mao have nothing on these monsters.

You want to know why people like Driver8 and myself don't post here more often? It's posts like this, where "the other side" is verbally denigrated. You say you want discussion, then post stuff like this. If you truly want to hear "what the other side has to say," then perhaps be a little more civil?

This is what frustrates me about you, Koobookie. You interpret my words without really knowing what or who I’m talking about. You hate Trump and will post anything you want about him, no matter how bad. I think that is perfectly fine.

I hate radical leftists who are destroying the country. I either name them individually or I name them as a whole group. What I don’t do is name you or driver8 as radical leftists that are destroying the country. Do you not see the difference? Driver8 on the other hand always talks about Trump supporters as being part of a cult. There may have been times in the past where I did that but that is in the past and it’s definitely not in the post you are referencing.

You see Koobookie, you have no power over me or my family or my way of life, but politicians do have that power and as a US citizen it is still my right to voice my criticism, even if you don’t like the names I’m calling them…. THEM, not you.

Make sense?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

14 Feb 2024 10:43 #19 by FredHayek

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds