I think Tancredo just blew his chance.

17 Sep 2010 10:09 #1 by The Viking
They had their first forum today and all three were invited and said they would be there to debate. Then Tancredo cancelled last minute this week to go and to a fundraiser. So the whole debate was about Hickenlooper and Maes and it looked like the 2 more serious candidates showed up. Hickenlooper was smooth and looked the best I think. Maes held his own though and now I don't think there is any way he will drop out. Tancredo could have gone and overpowered Maes and made himself out to look like the viable candidate against Hickenlooper, but since he didn't even show up, he gave Maes all the boost he needed to stay in. No idea why he did that.

You can watch the clips on the right of the 9 news link.

http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=153293

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Sep 2010 10:17 #2 by FredHayek
Maybe he wasn't ready to debate. I think this will be forgotten if he goes to other debates. Last poll I saw had Tom slightly ahead of Maes.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Sep 2010 13:33 #3 by LadyJazzer
Tancredo has never really HAD a chance. Personally, I think he deliberately blew off the forum because he's a one-trick-pony, and he can't say anything other than a subject, and a verb, and something about 'illegal aliens'.

17 Sep 2010 14:31 #4 by Nmysys
Talk about a one trick pony!!! Something about illegal aliens? Do you really defend the poor illegals?? How???

17 Sep 2010 14:36 #5 by LadyJazzer
Nope... If you read my posts at all on this issue, I am consistently on the side of "If you're illegal, we'll be glad to send you home."

In Tancredo's case, that's the ONLY thing he knows how to say, and I would never vote for such a person who is so loony on so many other issues, but is a one-trick-pony on that one.

17 Sep 2010 14:38 #6 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: Talk about a one trick pony!!! Something about illegal aliens? Do you really defend the poor illegals?? How???

I don't think that the elegant LaddyJazzer is defending illegal aliens. I have not ever read that in any of her posts. I think you may have jumped to a conclusion. Well, you can hear the surprise in my voice! Wait....

17 Sep 2010 14:39 #7 by Scruffy

LadyJazzer wrote: Nope... If you read my posts at all on this issue, I am consistently on the side of "If you're illegal, we'll be glad to send you home."

In Tancredo's case, that's the ONLY thing he knows how to say, and I would never vote for such a person who is so loony on so many other issues, but is a one-trick-pony on that one.

Do you think he is for or against masturbation?

If he's against, do you think that illegal aliens masturbating really pisses him off?

17 Sep 2010 14:40 #8 by LadyJazzer

Scruffy wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: Nope... If you read my posts at all on this issue, I am consistently on the side of "If you're illegal, we'll be glad to send you home."

If he's against, do you think that illegal aliens masturbating really pisses him off?

rofllol rofllol rofllol

That must send him over the edge...

17 Sep 2010 14:43 #9 by BearMtnHIB

Scruffy - do you have a job or what?

Or do you bill your online time to the government like I do?

17 Sep 2010 14:49 #10 by Scruffy

BearMtnHIB wrote:

Scruffy - do you have a job or what?

Or do you bill your online time to the government like I do?

What does that have to do with Tancredo and his position on illegal masturbation?

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds