8 Nasty Conservative Lies About the Democrats and Obama

31 Oct 2010 10:03 #1 by LadyJazzer
8 Nasty Conservative Lies About the Democrats and Obama That Must Be Debunked Before the Election
The public has been misled on a ton of issues like tax cuts, the deficit, the economy, and the cost of health care.

There are a number things the public "knows" as we head into the election that are just false. If people elect leaders based on false information, the things those leaders do in office will not be what the public expects or needs.

1) President Obama tripled the deficit.

2) President Obama raised taxes, which hurt the economy.

3) President Obama bailed out the banks.

4) The stimulus didn't work.

5) Businesses will hire if they get tax cuts.

6) Health care reform costs $1 trillion.

7) Social Security is a Ponzi scheme, is "going broke," people live longer, fewer workers per retiree, etc.

8) Government spending takes money out of the economy.

http://www.alternet.org/news/148614/8_n ... age=entire

:bash :Koolaid: :bash :Koolaid: ... and: rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

Yep...If you repeat it often enough the public will believe it...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Oct 2010 21:34 #2 by LadyJazzer

31 Oct 2010 21:50 #3 by Residenttroll returns
8 Nasty Truths about Obama

1. He won the Nobel Peace Prize while running two wars.
2. He signed two pieces of Legislation that have the largest financial and tax implications on the US economy ever.
3. U.S. accumulated more debt under his watch in two years than all the previous President's combined.
4. Social Security is a Ponzi Scheme. http://enduringsense1.wordpress.com/cat ... zi-scheme/
5. Bush gave up golf, Obama took it up during the wars.
6. Obama administration sued Arizona.
7. Obama Apology Tour
8. Number of Terrorist Attacks on US Soil.

31 Oct 2010 22:40 #4 by Wayne Harrison
1. I agree but he inherited them.. He didn't start them. Would you be happier if he pulled all our troops out his first week in office?
2&3 are the same.
4. A wordpress blog is not a reference
5. Obama played golf before he became president. He didn't take it up when he became president. How many Senators and Congressmen and Pentagon employees play golf? You want them to stop, too? Is golf more of an insult than running (jogging)?
6. Yes he did -- wrongly, I believe.
7. I'm drawing a blank here
8. Number of successful terrorist attacks on U.S. soil.. Bush: 2 Obama: 0 (unless I forgot some)

31 Oct 2010 23:25 #5 by pineinthegrass

LadyJazzer wrote: :bash :Koolaid: :bash :Koolaid: ... and: rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

eek! A liberal uses the same Kool-Aid smiley (twice) the conservatives so overuse?

It's been displayed here so much that I figured the conservatives have a patent on it. But guess not.

I just hope you paid them a royalty fee to use it. :jk2:

01 Nov 2010 07:40 #6 by Nmysys
Pineguy:

The reason you put 0 for terrorist attacks is because your hero Obama won't call them terrorism. You Dems change the language to suit your needs, kinda like calling Illegal Immigrants, undocumented Democrats.

A Rose By Any Other Name Is Still A Rose.

01 Nov 2010 07:47 #7 by Wayne Harrison
OK, Nymsys, name a successful terrorist attack, if you don't think 0 is the correct answer. Like I said, I may have forgotten one.

And please quit calling Obama my hero or my Messiah. I have stated time and again he is not.

Just put up or shut up: if the answer is not 0, then name a successful terrorist on U.S. soil.

01 Nov 2010 07:57 #8 by FredHayek

Pineguy wrote: OK, Nymsys, name a successful terrorist attack, if you don't think 0 is the correct answer. Like I said, I may have forgotten one.

And please quit calling Obama my hero or my Messiah. I have stated time and again he is not.

Just put up or shut up: if the answer is not 0, then name a successful terrorist on U.S. soil.

The Fort Hood attacks. Or do you believe that was a disguntled worker? He visited radical religious websites.

And we just a little technical miscue prevented the Times Square and underwear bombers from killing scores of people.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Nov 2010 08:05 #9 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

SS109 wrote:

Pineguy wrote: OK, Nymsys, name a successful terrorist attack, if you don't think 0 is the correct answer. Like I said, I may have forgotten one.

The Fort Hood attacks. Or do you believe that was a disguntled worker? He visited radical religious websites.

And we just a little technical miscue prevented the Times Square and underwear bombers from killing scores of people.

Plenty of witnesses to him screaming "Allah akbar". How about islamic radical doing a driveby shooting of Army Recruitment office in Little Rock. One soldier killed June 2009. Who was president?

01 Nov 2010 08:07 #10 by Wayne Harrison
Internal Army reports indicate officers within the Army were aware of Hasan's tendencies toward radical Islam since 2005. Additionally, investigations before and after the shooting discovered e-mail communications between Hasan and Anwar al-Awlaki, who quickly declared Hasan a hero, as "fighting against the U.S. army is an Islamic duty". After communications between the two were forwarded to FBI terrorism task forces in 2008, they determined that Hasan was not a threat prior to the shooting and that his questions to al-Awlaki were consistent with medical research.

In November 2009, after examining the e-mails and previous terrorism investigations, the FBI had found no information to indicate he had any co-conspirators or was part of a broader terrorist plot. Government agencies have officially declared Hasan had no links to known terrorist groups.

And "almost" don't count as successful terrorist attacks.

Edited to add: OK, I'll include those.. so, given the death toll in your terrorist attacks vs the death told in workplace shootings during the same period, which should we really be more afraid of?

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds