Riots in Rome

15 Dec 2010 17:01 #11 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Riots in Rome
What message are we to get from this post Wayne? (Notice how politely I am asking)

I am assuming since you mention the fact that their President is worth $9Billion, that it has something to do with spreading the wealth to the populace.

If and when rioting takes to the streets here in the USA, I don't expect that people will stand around in store windows watching. We have had riots here in the past and they weren't as pretty as there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Dec 2010 18:40 #12 by Residenttroll returns
Replied by Residenttroll returns on topic Riots in Rome
WayneDidMyVoteGo,

The riots in the US will not be as friendly...need proof...New Orleans BEFORE Katrina hit.

15 Dec 2010 19:22 #13 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Riots in Rome

Nmysys wrote: What message are we to get from this post Wayne? (Notice how politely I am asking)

I am assuming since you mention the fact that their President is worth $9Billion, that it has something to do with spreading the wealth to the populace.

Your assumption wrong.

I mentioned his wealth and the fact that he owns most of the Italian media because he's an unusual case for a politician. He basically bought his way into office with his money and his media power and most people in Italy think he's a joke. He's also unusual because he's held the post of Prime Minister on three separate occasions. My post had nothing to do with spreading the wealth. The guy earned his 9 billion and he's entitled to it. I was commenting on something in Rome and had no intention of trying to tie it to anything in the United States. Many countries in Europe are used to riots and demonstrations. They happen like clockwork.

But if you want to tie it to the U.S., it would be the equivalent of having an American president who owned ABC, CBS, and NBC, along with the New York Times, the LA Times and Time Magazine, before he ran for office and didn't put any of his companies into holding while he was in office. And before someone pops up with a comment about Obama and the MSM, I'm talking about physically OWNING the three major networks. In this country, even a billionaire who wasn't a politician wouldn't be able to have a monopoly like that.

Personally, I don't think there will be riots here as a result of the economy. I think some people like to get other people scared so they can sell them gold as an investment.

Thank you for being respectful, Nmysys. I enjoy hearing yours and other people's opinions a lot better that way. I almost always learn another point of view that way, too.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds