Army Program Labels Some Soldiers “Spiritually Unfit”

06 Jan 2011 19:35 #11 by navycpo7
knowing what I know about the military, I seriously doubt there is any kind of religious retraining or spiritual retraining. I would really like someone to prove this. In the military we get asked all kinds of questions all the time. Show me something that supports this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jan 2011 19:43 #12 by LadyJazzer
I don't know how many sources it takes to support it, but here is the original article:

http://www.truth-out.org/armys-fitness- ... -fire66577

06 Jan 2011 19:51 #13 by navycpo7

LadyJazzer wrote: I don't know how many sources it takes to support it, but here is the original article:

http://www.truth-out.org/armys-fitness- ... -fire66577

Read that and unless I am not getting it it is misleading. What I read is that this program does not deal with just your spiritual well being, it deals with you as an individual and as family members. It is designed to help individuals and or families to deal with the rigors of what is going on right now. We had something very similiar in the Navy. Upon turn over in the Gulf or Med or whereever, when we started heading home, they would fly these so called counselors out to the ship to sail back with us. We were required to attend the classes. They were 1 hour in length and split up into 4 classes. We had roughly 10 days to get 5500 sailors through it. It was designed to help us when we got back stateside, they was no punishment if you were not able to make it to the classes, and for the most part not very many missed those classes since we knew it was in our best interest since it would help us to be reintroduced to our families.

I went to a website for veterans and active duty military here is what I found

Why participate in the Comprehensive Soldier Fitness program?
The Army recognizes the increased sacrifices our Family members make on a daily basis. The CSF program is designed to provide Family members with the thinking skills and coping strategies needed to take care of themselves and their Soldier. The program helps link them with resources and tools available in the military community that can build resilience.

How can I participate in the Comprehensive Soldier Fitness program?
Family members can take the Global Assessment Tool, which is an assessment of a person’s baseline in the dimensions of strength: emotional, social, spiritual and family. The assessment provides immediate results that link to tailored self-development training. This training provides a wide-range of tools to better communicate with Family members and Soldier, as well as tools allowing a person to maximize their overall potential.

What’s in it for me?
Our Army is strong in part because of the support our Soldiers receive from their Families. This program enables Family members to actively manage various physical and psychological challenges in their personal lives, and continue to be the pillar of support behind our Soldiers. The Strength of the Nation depends on it.

Global Assessment Tool:
Provides Family members with their baseline in four dimensions of strength: emotional, social, spiritual and family; and provides an opportunity to track self-development and growth in these areas over time. Available online at.

06 Jan 2011 20:20 #14 by FredHayek
It wouldn't be the first time a Leftist group saw a bunch of spectres that really weren't there. Like the Kennedys jumping on the autism/vaccine bandwagon based on faulty evidence.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Jan 2011 07:40 #15 by 2wlady
This question

"I am a spiritual person, my life has lasting meaning, I believe that in some way my life is closely connected to all humanity and all the world,

Is not a one "question" answer. It should be broken into three statements, none of which should be on this test. Take the whole section on spirituality out.

I am a spiritual person. (And this should not be on the test.)

My life has lasting meaning. (What does "lasting meaning" mean? It's different for each person. Does the question writer refer to meaning after death? Or lasting meaning in the world of the living?)

I believe that in some way my life is closely connected to all the humanity and all the world. (Again, what the hay does the question writer mean?)

There are plenty of tests that check whether a person has empathy for others and will buddy up with his colleagues. Try Marine training. They go back on the line so they don't "let down their buddies."

Another defense contractor making money on poop.

07 Jan 2011 08:01 #16 by Grady

Satchmo wrote: Another defense contractor making money on poop.

With that I agree, the rest is just left wing blog crap.

As far as the Marine training statement goes, Marine training was the reason I joined the Marines instead of one of the other services.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds