A Fool With a Badge is Still a Fool

14 Jan 2011 05:44 #1 by outdoor338
When a would-be assassin shot my Dad, President Ronald Reagan, nobody questioned the fact that the shooter was certifiably nuts.

Authorities recognized that fact and put him in a mental institution as his obvious disturbed mental state demanded.

Now we have another attempted killing of a public official, Arizona’s widely admired Rep. Gabby Giffords, and just about everybody recognizes the fact that the shooter, one Jared Loughner, is crazy as a loon.

Moreover, the fact that Loughner is probably nutty as a fruitcake, and perhaps dangerously so, could not have escaped the attention of local law enforcement authorities such as Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, who already had Loughner in his sights yet failed to do anything to prevent Loughner’s obviously foreseeable skilling spree.

Yet we don’t hear a word of repentance for his failure to foresee what transpired in Tucson last Saturday. Not a word, mainly because Sheriff Dubnik is too busy attacking Rush Limbaugh and other conservatives to turn his rhetoric loose on the shooter.

http://patriotupdate.com/articles/a-foo ... ill-a-fool

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2011 07:58 #2 by 2wlady
So now, if you suspect someone of being dangerous, you can go ahead and luck him/her up?

There goes some more of our rights.

14 Jan 2011 09:01 #3 by Residenttroll returns

Satchmo wrote: So now, if you suspect someone of being dangerous, you can go ahead and luck him/her up?

You lose your rights when you are crazy, make deadly threats, and worship the left.

14 Jan 2011 09:43 #4 by outdoor338
:yeahthat: :thumbsup:

14 Jan 2011 09:53 #5 by V_A
Monday morning QB's are a dime a dozen

I just love how the political machines latch onto the latest national tragedy and try to spin it left or right. Then we have the simple minds that can't help themselves from jumping on for a ride or two.

14 Jan 2011 09:56 #6 by Residenttroll returns

Xmas P_ rn wrote: Monday morning QB's are a dime a dozen

I just love how the political machines latch onto the latest national tragedy and try to spin it left or right. Then we have the simple minds that can't help themselves from jumping on for a ride or two.

Hey but Obama got a 31 share in the TV ratings.

14 Jan 2011 10:00 #7 by conifermtman

Satchmo wrote: So now, if you suspect someone of being dangerous, you can go ahead and luck him/her up?

In Arizona they already have laws on the books to do that. This is in part why the sheriff has been in CYA mode from day one of the shootings.

14 Jan 2011 10:10 - 14 Jan 2011 10:13 #8 by archer
In AZ you cannot lock someone up because they act crazy, you cannot detain them unless they have committed a violent act.......it's a very lenghthy process to get someone committed, and I seriously doubt that anything he did before this shooting rose to that level. There are no laws against yelling in a class room.....there are no laws against appearing creepy, there are no laws against lookin like a nutcase, even acting like a nut case here as long as you don't hurt anyone. Even threatening phone calls do not rise to the level of incarceration, not until he appears to act on those threats. Ask any woman who has a restraining order against a violent spouse, the authorities cannot arrest him for threats of violence, only if he acts on them.

I guess it makes you all feel better to think this is the sheriffs fault, however, if a story went out that some AZ sheriff had locked a guy up for life because people found him creepy, I would bet you would be screaming about a person's rights.

Judging someone else based on what you think they should have done now that you have the advantage of hindsight, is unfair, and a waste of time. You weren't there, and you don't know the law here.

14 Jan 2011 10:12 - 14 Jan 2011 10:16 #9 by Residenttroll returns

archer wrote: In AZ you cannot lock someone up because they act crazy, you cannot detain them unless they have committed a violent act.......it's a very lenghthy process to get someone committed, and I seriously doubt that anything he did before this shooting rose to that level. There are no laws against yelling in a class room.....there are no laws against appearing creepy, there are no laws against lookin like a nutcase, even acting like a nut case here as long as you don't hurt anyone. Even threatening phone calls do not rise to the level of incarceration, not until he appears to act on those threats. Ask any woman who has a restraining order against a violent spouse, the authorities cannot arrest him for threats of violence, only if he acts on them.

I guess it makes you all feel better to think this is the sheriffs fault, however, if a story went out that some AZ sheriff had locked a guy up for life because people found him creepy, I would bet you would be screaming about a person's rights.

This crazy acting, creepy nutcase left a trail of turds that got overlooked because his mother was on the county payroll.

14 Jan 2011 10:15 #10 by archer

residenttroll wrote: This crazy acting, creepy nutcase left a trail of turds that got overlooked because his mother was on the county payroll.

I know you aren't that stupid RT, but sometimes you sure post like you are.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds