Any thoughts on this?

14 Jan 2011 09:01 #1 by JMC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2011 09:09 #2 by pineinthegrass
I like the concept, but as was pointed out in the comments there are just too many stalkers out there. I don't know how to avoid them tracking a person down that they either like, or dislike.

It happens on regular boards where it's very difficult to figure out who most people are. But if you know who everyone is, it becomes way to easy to stalk.

BTW, anybody up for another 285 lunch next week? :lol:

14 Jan 2011 09:20 #3 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Any thoughts on this?
Personally, no offense intended to you JMC, I don't like drive-by posters myself, hiding behind screen names to attack without having to stand behind what they say, but I am not for identification either, as it is a violation of privacy. I am not for any more Government Big Brother intrusion in our lives, so I would rather put up with the drive by attacks.

14 Jan 2011 09:27 #4 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Any thoughts on this?

Nmysys wrote: Personally, no offense intended to you JMC, I don't like drive-by posters myself, hiding behind screen names to attack without having to stand behind what they say, but I am not for identification either, as it is a violation of privacy. I am not for any more Government Big Brother intrusion in our lives, so I would rather put up with the drive by attacks.

Why would I take offense, we agree. I think Greta has a poor solution in trying to get more civility.

14 Jan 2011 09:29 #5 by Residenttroll returns
Website operators have the responsibility of maintaining civility.

14 Jan 2011 09:30 #6 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Any thoughts on this?

residenttroll wrote: Website operators have the responsibility of maintaining civility.

Half the posters would be banned........oh some sites have tried that, how did that work out for you RT

14 Jan 2011 11:15 #7 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Any thoughts on this?
The answer is apparent. That's why he is here with the rest of us uncouth ( fill in here ).

14 Jan 2011 11:19 #8 by Nobody that matters
I got lots of couth. Buckloads of the slop.

I disagree with creating an internet ID for everyone. I prefer to remain an enigma.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

14 Jan 2011 11:32 #9 by Residenttroll returns

JMC wrote:

residenttroll wrote: Website operators have the responsibility of maintaining civility.

Half the posters would be banned........oh some sites have tried that, how did that work out for you RT

I just move on to better sites. It's worked out well for me. How about you? :biggrin:

14 Jan 2011 11:48 #10 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Any thoughts on this?
It would probably cut down on blatant violent threats.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds