Last of "Doolittle Raiders" pilots, dies in Boulder Read mo

15 Jan 2011 19:38 #11 by Residenttroll returns
A 93 year old war vet ...is still a 93 year old war vet. He served honorable. May God rest his soul. I salute him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2011 19:39 #12 by archer

Baileyboy wrote: Thanks for bringing a experienced point of view to the table, navycpo7. Appreciated. However, you do know that you attacked him, at least according to the everclear contingent standard. :lol:

Actually, no he didn't baileyboy/teddy....navy knows how to carry on a debate of issues, unlike you. he has always been respectful and willing to argue the points of a poster, not attack the poster.

15 Jan 2011 19:41 #13 by archer

residenttroll wrote: A 93 year old war vet ...is still a 93 year old war vet. He served honorable. May God rest his soul. I salute him.

Same age as my mother....just getting to that age is worth celebrating, being a war vet, who survived WWII.....that makes him special.

15 Jan 2011 20:18 #14 by Mayhem

archer wrote:

Baileyboy wrote: Thanks for bringing a experienced point of view to the table, navycpo7. Appreciated. However, you do know that you attacked him, at least according to the everclear contingent standard. :lol:

Actually, no he didn't baileyboy/teddy....navy knows how to carry on a debate of issues, unlike you. he has always been respectful and willing to argue the points of a poster, not attack the poster.

"The altered mind, alters all"

15 Jan 2011 23:44 #15 by Residenttroll returns

16 Jan 2011 11:13 #16 by 2wlady
A program on the Doolittle Raid was aired this past week. One of the Chinese men who led several of the raiders back to an American base later came to the USA, went to university and became a rocket scientist (I think that was it). He had four children, all of whom have some pretty amazing careers.

The three men who were captured by the Japanese were, of course, tortured extensively. They were allowed to write one letter home before their executions in Japan. There is a picture of the three of them kneeling, with their hands bound behind them, as they were shot.

This WAS a big deal. It did affect the Battle of Miday. The Battle of Midway was a huge victory for the US because it kept the Japanese from pursuing an attack on Hawaii to take the islands. It stopped the Japanese advance in that direction.

16 Jan 2011 14:38 #17 by FredHayek
While I am not doubting the man's courage, I still believe his comrades were wasted on a showboat mission.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds