Obama Will 'have to produce birth certificate' to Run Again

28 Jan 2011 13:12 #11 by archer

Nmysys wrote: NO!!!!!!!!! You didn't!!!!!!!!!!

Why should Americans even have to have this question??????

good question, why indeed. You don't suppose it's because some in this country just cannot accept that we elected a black liberal president and they will try anything, to cast doubt on his legitimacy.

Why should Americans have to pay to see that their President isn't a foreign born phony????

why not.....they have been given ample opportunity to view the official birth certificate, it has been authenticated by the senate and the state of Hawaii, if they want to keep up this harrassment of the Gov't of Hawaii, then they should pay for that

It is because he committed fraud when he went to Pakistan on a different passport!!!

No proof of that has ever been shown, innuendo is hardly fact. Again, another attempt to pretend that he isn't really our president.

Why won't he release his school documents?

because he doesn't have to, some things can, and should be private.

You can say whatever the hell you want, but we aren't satisfied with your answering for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you never will be satisfied, no matter what.....even if there was a video of his birth in Hawaii you wouldn't be satisfied......you have made up your mind to believe a lie and that is all there is too it. Talk about having an obcession......in an otherwise intelligent seeming person Nmysys, you sure do have a blind spot on this issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jan 2011 13:23 #12 by LadyJazzer
Shhhhhh.... I can hear the black helicopters....

Drives 'em crazy to have that "black man" in the oval office...

I hope he's deliberately not releasing the documents because the longer he goes without addressing it, the nuttier the birthers look.

28 Jan 2011 13:31 #13 by PrintSmith
We all know that the birth certificate is but one of the many, many documents that the President is seeking to keep from being viewed. His college applications, his passport records, his college transcripts and a host of others. Seems that the passport records pertaining to his mother prior to 1965 can't be found either, despite the requirement that they be kept for 100 years. Post 1965, no problem, but nothing prior to that for some strange reason. Can't obtain paperwork on Sr from that period of time either, despite the reality that he is dead and therefore no privacy issues come into play. State Department and HS also fought the release of passenger manifests from ocean vessels and air flights both coming to and leaving Hawaii under the FOIA from that period of time.

Long story short - it's more than the birth certificate. You folks seem to want to ignore that. The records pertaining to our current president that are being withheld, by a man who promised a new era of transparency no less, is far greater than simply his birth certificate. But, like Nixon, if one record gets released then the argument against releasing the rest of them loses potency. Just as there was a reason that Nixon wouldn't agree to release any of the tapes, there is a reason, IMNTBHO, that Obama won't agree to the release of any of his records, starting with the birth certificate and continuing all the way into his adulthood.

And you are right archer, no proof has been shown that Obama traveled to Pakistan in 1981 under a US Passport. No proof has been shown that Obama held a US Passport in 1981 either. Those records are locked up as tight as his birth certificate is. There is only innuendo that he traveled there under a US Passport. Neither has yet been proven, both are equally innuendo only at the current time. That, too, could be settled if our president would honor his promise to run the most transparent administration yet.

Is it possible that the school records are locked up so that we won't know who helped him attend those colleges? We might find out what nation he claimed citizenship in when he applied at and attended those schools? Yeah, that would be a pretty good reason to keep them private, wouldn't it.

There's always a day of reckoning archer. In fact, it might be a lot closer than you think.

28 Jan 2011 13:45 #14 by AV8OR
Well written PrintSmith.

28 Jan 2011 14:17 #15 by archer
I suppose, PS, that if he released all those documents (and there is NO requirement that he do so) you would then move on to other issues, perhaps wanting to know how many squares of toilet paper he uses. I think we can be pretty sure that nothing will ever satisfy the birthers, so why even bother trying? To release anything at this point is to give a bunch of nut cases the legitimacy they don't deserve. Obama is president......that is a fact, you just can't get your mind around it, so you look for ways out. They just ain't there.

28 Jan 2011 15:08 #16 by FredHayek
I believe that Obama was born in America, but it is interesting how much of his past has been hidden away. He really was the stealth candidate.

Even the stuff he admits to, like membership in Rev. Wright's church, he denies that he was listening when people actually post the sermons. A modern day Peter? :popcorn:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Jan 2011 15:35 #17 by PrintSmith
You can be as snarky as you wish archer, the fact remains that no one knows whether Barack Obama traveled to Pakistan in 1981 under a US Passport or an Indonesian one other than perhaps the president himself. One may have beliefs about it, but not knowledge. One may believe that he represented himself as a US citizen when he applied to those colleges, but neither you or I know for sure.

You are comfortable in your beliefs on these matters. For me, I am uncertain, which is why I ask the questions. With knowledge, rather than belief, perhaps your attitude would be more tolerable, but absent that knowledge, one wonders why simply asking the question inspires such vehemence.

Belittling those who are asking the questions won't make them, or their questions, go away for Obama any more than it made them go away for Nixon. The surest means of putting those with questions at ease is to supply the answers to those questions, not continue to hide the answers from them.

There are those who will never believe, just as there are those who will never believe that our government didn't bring down the Towers on 9/11 and that the government is still to this day covering up the aliens at Roswell. Most, however, would indeed be satisfied with having their questions answered in a forthcoming way. Obama is indeed the president, but there still exists some question as to whether or not he qualifies to be the president in about 40% of the population according to the last poll that was taken on the matter. I can get my mind around that, I understand exactly why he is the president today. That can be explained in two words, George Bush. The 60 seat majority in the Senate at the start of the last Congress has the same two word explanation. It is not a surprise to me that he was elected anymore than it was a surprise that Carter beat Ford in 1976. I was hoping for a different outcome because I so vehemently oppose this president's policies, but I can easily get my mind around why he was elected. The results from the last election are a pretty clear indication that a lot of voters around the nation feel they made a big mistake in 2008. Control of the House is by a larger majority than when Newt was the Speaker and Clinton announced the era of big government was over.

Many people have questions regarding his ability to hold the office archer. Whether or not you view those questions as legitimate won't alter that. Belittling those with questions won't answer that either. Pretending to know that it was a US Passport without any ability to support that conclusion won't make them go away either. But I know what will - the release of Obama's 1981 passport records, that is if he held a US passport in 1981, which neither of us knows the answer to either at this point. If he held a US passport in 1981 and used it to travel to Pakistan, and the evidence of that is offered up, I can see and understand why someone who cried cover up might be subject to the ridicule. Absent the knowledge, however, that is was a US passport, I fail to see why asking the question is out of line.

28 Jan 2011 15:36 #18 by LadyJazzer

SS109 wrote: Even the stuff he admits to, like membership in Rev. Wright's church, he denies that he was listening when people actually post the sermons. A modern day Peter?

Seems to me I'd be a lot less worried about a man that was merely an observer to another old man's railing against his memories of the racist America of the 60's, than I would be about some half-term governor who quits her job but actually participated in an exorcism to rid herself of demons. Who is the nuttier of the two? A mere observer of something based on reality, or an active participant in some fantasy witchcraft ritual?

28 Jan 2011 15:42 #19 by Nmysys
Now it's Palin's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is the nuttier of the two?

You answer that one daily!!!! Its you, hands down.

28 Jan 2011 15:48 #20 by LadyJazzer
Funny, I don't remember using the word "fault" at all...That's YOUR projection... And since the choice was between Obama and Palin, I'm not in the running... It's not about ME, dipsh*t.

Please try to keep up and pay attention.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds