Why the Jews?

06 Mar 2011 19:18 #11 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Why the Jews?

towermonkey wrote:

CriticalBill wrote:

towermonkey wrote: I've heard many more rants against Muslims than against Jews.

The diffference being the rants against Jews turned into a 6 million Jew slaughter.[/quote
True, but that doesn't give Israel Carte Blanche to commit war crimes against the Palestinian people.

By war crimes do you mean settlements? Seems to me that that's the only 'crime' you could be referring to. Seems to me like any Palestinian deaths are a result of palestinians attacking and killing innocent Jews first.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Mar 2011 19:23 #12 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic Why the Jews?
In all seriousness, Muslims are the new Jews. They are the new group to hate and spout crap about. Nyms is right - I grew up hearing about how 'evil" jews are, and that was well post WWII. My parents made sure we knew different.

Anyone different is an easy target. And some things really do never change.

In fact, watched a 1944 movie the other night about returning injured soldiers, and one of them was going on about how the Mexicans probably had taken his job, even though a Mexican soldier, who had fought with him and even saved his life, was sitting right next to him.

Proof that people will still spout crap about anyone not just like them.

06 Mar 2011 21:08 #13 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic Why the Jews?

SS109 wrote: At least in the past couple decades, the Jewish faith is more respected by conservative Christians and Catholics, possibly because some people admire Isreal..

Conservative Christians support the Jewish faith - and more specifically Israel - because they feel the re-establishment of the temple in Jerusalem is vital for the end-times. It has very little to do with respect for Jews. Rather - it's an (unhealthy) infatuation with the end-times ---- and their wild imagination that somehow - they'll speed the end-times along with their support. Look up dispensationalism. That's the view subscribed by famous Christians, including:
- Pat Robertson
- John Hagee
- Tim LaHaye
- Faith Bible Chapel (Arvada)
- Christian Friends of Israel Communities (CO Springs)
- Gary Baeur

I completely support the right of Israel to exist - and to defend its existence.

I don't support its occupation of Palestine (Gaza, Golan Heights, West Bank).

I'd expect that you would not find my sentiments anti-semetic. To my knowledge, I've never mocked of insulted Jewis history or individuals.

That said - modern day America tends to put down Muslims more than it puts down Jews (I don't think either is appropriate).

06 Mar 2011 22:34 #14 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Why the Jews?
Please cite the examples of Jews declaring war on the USA? Cite the examples of them attacking the USA? Although I suppose continually voting for America- hating libs like the manhattan jews do could be construed to be an act of aggression.

Muslims earned the contempt the old fashioned way. They killed innocent non combatants for the hell of it and a shot at 72 goats.

07 Mar 2011 00:49 #15 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic Why the Jews?
Someone has to declare war to be considered "worthy" of racist comments? Really? Explain please then the attitude toward native americans while they were still friendly, the attitudes about blacks or the the chinese? I won't include the mexicans, because they did declare war on us after we stole texas from them. i won't include the Japanese because of their attack on Pearl Harbor. I won't include the irish, french, dutch,german, english, welsh, spanish immigrants because they got treated like sh** for having the audacity to come to a new, better country. Oh wait, that was unjustified too.

07 Mar 2011 06:32 #16 by Mayhem

Local_Historian wrote: Someone has to declare war to be considered "worthy" of racist comments? Really? Explain please then the attitude toward native americans while they were still friendly, the attitudes about blacks or the the chinese? I won't include the mexicans, because they did declare war on us after we stole texas from them. i won't include the Japanese because of their attack on Pearl Harbor. I won't include the irish, french, dutch,german, english, welsh, spanish immigrants because they got treated like sh** for having the audacity to come to a new, better country. Oh wait, that was unjustified too.

Not sure if someone has spiked the ground water in your area but your posts recently are off the the reservation. What relevance to the topic do your comments have? Someone tried to equate the the centuries of persecution the Jews have endured to anti muslim sentiment here in the US. Prior to the them bombing Americans I don't recall ever hearing anyone express animus for "peace loving" muslims. Unlike the Jews who were just dogged on for merely breathing globally.

07 Mar 2011 08:20 #17 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Why the Jews?
LH:

How can the Muslims be the hew Jews? Are they persecuted and rounded up and forced to live in ghettos? Branded and led off to ovens because of their religious beliefs?

Jews the world over will always be the target of hatred, violence and bigotry. They aren't being replaced by anyone, least of all the Muslims.

07 Mar 2011 08:42 #18 by Mayhem
:yeahthat:

07 Mar 2011 08:45 #19 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Why the Jews?
Is that happening to Jews now? You are relating history and assigning it to present times. Read the various threads on this board and tell me which group is the target of hatred and bigotry.

07 Mar 2011 08:51 #20 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic Why the Jews?
TM, you are a product of short term memory. Just because YOU don't see the bigotry against Jews doesn't mean it isn't there.

It has just gone underground until people perceive that is "safe" to start ranting against them again.

Considering the radicalism, consequent terrorism, and unrest in many Muslim countries, I don't see that fear of what is happening among Muslims is unfounded.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds