Why did the press ignore this murderous rampage ?

16 Mar 2011 08:45 #1 by Grady

On February 10, 2011, Prince William County police arrested Jose Oswaldo Reyes Alfaro, 37, after he allegedly went on a shooting and stabbing spree which left three people dead and three others wounded. When he was taken into custody, the Salvadoran national had in his possession, a machete as well as a .38 caliber revolver.

According to Manassas Police Chief Doug Keen, the suspect was ordered deported in 2002, but was never detained by federal immigration authorities and never left, despite two more arrests after his deportation order.

Read the article here
Just one of many.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Mar 2011 08:49 #2 by Nmysys
It seems to me that we the people are complaining about the ILLEGALS, but NOBODY is listening!

16 Mar 2011 09:31 #3 by FredHayek
Because they don't want to be seen as racist? Or maybe they are willing to ignore a few murders if it helps millions live the American dream illegally.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Mar 2011 09:53 #4 by appleannie
A quick google search shows the local press did not ignore it at all. If you're expecting national press to cover every multiple homicide, we will sadly have to greatly expand our news coverage. But that's not really what you're expecting, is it? Isn't it wonderful, that we can find so many sites online that cover just what we personally view as the outrage of the day? :Whistle

16 Mar 2011 10:07 #5 by Nmysys
National Press only covers what fits their agenda. Internet news and bloggers are not bound by the Agenda or talking points of the day.

16 Mar 2011 10:14 #6 by kresspin
Once again we disagree. Internet bloggers HAVE agendas. To say they don't is to admit you are incredibly naive. You may turn a blind eye toward what their agendas are. But they're blogging for a reason and they pick and chose what they blog about to fit their agenda just as posters here do -- or on any Internet forum. Even the press have an agenda: to sell their product.

16 Mar 2011 12:21 #7 by Grady
The outrage is that this illegal was ordered deported 9 years ago and that he was arrested twice since then and he was still roaming about the country unfettered, and unaccounted for. One has to wonder what he did in order to earn his first deportment back in 2002.

BTW Capital punishment in Virginia is still the law of the land. Maybe this time they will deport him in a box.

edit to add; since he is an illegal he is not legally able to own a firearm

16 Mar 2011 13:54 #8 by archer
I thought the outrage of this thread was that the media hadn't reported this....now you are changing outrages in mid-thread?

Please make up your mind what I am supposed to be outraged about......

16 Mar 2011 14:02 #9 by Nmysys
Kresspin:

From what I can gather, we will constantly disagree. Not that, that is a bad thing. Don't misunderstand my words.

So as you can understand my words better let me show you what you have disagree with.

Internet news and bloggers are not bound by the Agenda or talking points of the day.

It doesn't say whether or not they have agendas of their own, but I stated that they are not BOUND by the Agenda or the TALKING POINTS OF THE DAY!

16 Mar 2011 14:25 #10 by Grady

archer wrote: I thought the outrage of this thread was that the media hadn't reported this....now you are changing outrages in mid-thread?

Please make up your mind what I am supposed to be outraged about......

OK let’s just go ahead and make this a double outrage:
1. That the press routinely under reports crimes committed by illegals.
2. That an illegal was allowed to roam free committing crimes until he finally commits murder.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds