Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

04 Nov 2015 04:03 #1321 by DrMike
Reflect Him

Today’s Scripture

“Have this same attitude in yourselves which was in Christ Jesus [look to Him as your example in selfless humility].” (Philippians 2:5, AMP)

When you reflect something, you are exhibiting its likeness. You are displaying its characteristics. Like a mirror, the Bible tells us that we should reflect the character and likeness of Jesus. We should have His same attitude.

That may sound like a pretty tall order; after all, Jesus was the Son of God. But remember, when we accept Him as our Lord and Savior, we become sons and daughters of God, too. We become empowered by the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead. That means we have the same power, the same spirit of humility, the same strength, and the same love on the inside. We are equipped to follow His example and do what He did. What did He do?

Scripture says that Jesus went around doing good and bringing healing to others; physically, spiritually and emotionally.

Notice that today’s verse starts by saying, “Let...” In other words, we have to open the door for God to work in our lives. We have to be the ones to humbly invite Him in. Let that be your goal today—open your heart to Him so you can reflect Him in your attitude and actions!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, right now I invite You to dwell in my thoughts, heart and attitude. I choose to follow Your example and bring good to others. Help me be a pure reflection of Your love in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Nov 2015 03:56 #1322 by DrMike
Be in the Right Position

Today’s Scripture

“‘I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds,’ says the LORD.” (Jeremiah 30:17, NKJV)

Did you know that the human body is designed to heal itself? Many problems are easily fixed if the body is prepared. You may constantly struggle with a physical problem, but perhaps you would see better results if you would live a healthier lifestyle. Of course, there are some problems the body cannot fix by itself, but God has promised to heal you and bless you if you would be faithful and put yourself in the right position for healing.

Examine your daily habits and lifestyle to see if there’s anything that you could do more faithfully. That may sound easy, but it takes a true commitment to make it happen. Getting yourself in the right position is important to receive God’s blessings and healing.

A Prayer for Today

“God, thank You for Your promise to bless me and heal me. Help me to have the strength and dedication to deal with my problem areas and be ready for Your blessings. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

06 Nov 2015 03:47 #1323 by DrMike
The Kingdom

Today’s Scripture

“...it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom” (Luke 12:32, KJV)

Our God is an extravagant God! He loves to do exceedingly beyond anything we can hope for or imagine. It gives Him pleasure to pour out His abundance and goodness in your life. It gives Him pleasure to give you His kingdom.

What is the kingdom of God? It’s simply God’s operating system, or His way of doing things. Throughout scripture, God reveals His principles for living the abundant life. When you do things God’s way, you get God’s results; you get His success and blessing and that’s what He wants for you!

Romans 14 tells us that the kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Do you need more joy and peace in your life? Follow the Word and open your heart to His kingdom. As you do things God’s way, you will get His results and live in the blessing of His kingdom all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your hand of blessing in my life. Thank You for giving me Your kingdom. I receive it by faith today and choose to follow Your Word in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

09 Nov 2015 04:03 #1324 by DrMike
Get Wisdom

Today’s Scripture

“Wisdom is supreme—so get wisdom...” (Proverbs 4:7, HCSB)

God wants us to know what to do in every situation. He wants us to know Him and have His wisdom so that we can live the abundant life He has prepared for us.

Wisdom is simply knowing the mind of God about a particular thing. Wisdom is found in the Word of God. Proverbs says that when we reverence and honor the Lord, it opens the door to wisdom in our life.

God’s wisdom is not like earthly wisdom. God’s wisdom won’t always make sense to your natural mind. For instance, the world’s wisdom says in order to increase, keep what you have. God’s wisdom says in order to increase, give what you have and it shall come back to you in greater measure.

Today, ask for wisdom. Then, open your heart and obey His commands. As you are diligent to seek wisdom, you will find it and receive His favor, wisdom, and blessing all the days of your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the privilege to boldly come before Your throne of grace. I humbly ask You for wisdom, for understanding, for Your direction. I receive it now in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

09 Nov 2015 16:30 #1325 by DrMike
Get Wisdom

Today’s Scripture

“Wisdom is supreme—so get wisdom...” (Proverbs 4:7, HCSB)

God wants us to know what to do in every situation. He wants us to know Him and have His wisdom so that we can live the abundant life He has prepared for us.

Wisdom is simply knowing the mind of God about a particular thing. Wisdom is found in the Word of God. Proverbs says that when we reverence and honor the Lord, it opens the door to wisdom in our life.

God’s wisdom is not like earthly wisdom. God’s wisdom won’t always make sense to your natural mind. For instance, the world’s wisdom says in order to increase, keep what you have. God’s wisdom says in order to increase, give what you have and it shall come back to you in greater measure.

Today, ask for wisdom. Then, open your heart and obey His commands. As you are diligent to seek wisdom, you will find it and receive His favor, wisdom, and blessing all the days of your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the privilege to boldly come before Your throne of grace. I humbly ask You for wisdom, for understanding, for Your direction. I receive it now in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

10 Nov 2015 04:18 #1326 by DrMike
Be a People Builder

Today’s Scripture

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up...” (1 Thessalonians 5:11, NIV)

God designed us to live in relationship with others. He wants us to help each other grow. None of us will reach our highest potential by ourselves. We need people in our lives to encourage us, and we need to encourage the people in our lives and help them reach their potential. The word “encourage” means to “urge forward.” Many times, you can see things in other people that they don’t see themselves. You can see their strengths and talents. You can see that God has a special plan for them even though they may be going through a difficult time. Don’t assume that people see what you see in them.

Take a moment and encourage them either with a kind word or a simple note. There might be a special gift you can give that will remind them of their goal or dream. In whatever way you can, urge the people in your life to keep moving forward. If you’ll be a people builder and help others fulfill their dreams, God will help you fulfill your dreams also, and you’ll live in blessing all the days of your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the people You have placed in my life. Help me build them up and find creative ways to urge them forward to Your glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

11 Nov 2015 06:08 #1327 by DrMike
Written On Your Heart

Today’s Scripture

“They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts...” (Romans 2:15, NLT)

In the Old Testament, God’s commands were written on stone tablets and kept in the tabernacle. Now, we have the New Testament, or new covenant. When we accept Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior, we become His temple. He lives in us, and He engraves His promises and commands right on our hearts!

How can you be sure of this? This verse goes on to say that your spirit, your inner man, has a strong knowledge of what is right and wrong; what you should and shouldn’t do. When His law is written on your heart, you are drawn to follow His Word. That’s the Spirit of God on the inside of you, guiding and directing your steps. As you follow His leading, your ability to hear and know Him is strengthened. But if you choose to bypass that prompting on the inside, your heart can become hard which will affect your ability to hear Him in the future.

Make the decision today to demonstrate that God’s law is written on your heart by quickly obeying His leading. Remember, His law is written on your heart! Trust that He is leading you in the path of blessing all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for making Your home in me. Help me to clearly follow Your promptings. Let my life be pleasing to you so that others will come to know you as a result! In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

12 Nov 2015 04:59 #1328 by DrMike
Perfect Love

Today’s Scripture

“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear...” (1 John 4:18, NIV)

The Scripture tells us that God is love. He is perfect and His love for us is perfect. There is nothing you can ever do to make God love you more, and nothing you can do to make Him love you less. His love toward you is steadfast, it’s unchanging. His arms are always stretched out toward you.

Sometimes people aren’t sure how God feels about them. They think He might be mad at them, but Scripture tells us just the opposite. God’s not mad at you; He’s madly in love with you! It doesn’t matter what you’ve done or where you’ve come from, God’s arms are open to you. He’s longing to show you His goodness and grace. It’s His kindness that leads us to repent and change our ways.

Today, open your heart to receive His perfect love. Let love drive fear out of your life and make you new!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I humbly come to You, giving You all that I am. I invite You to fill me with Your perfect love. Drive fear out of me and fill me with Your peace and joy in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

13 Nov 2015 03:56 #1329 by DrMike
Refuse to Worry

Today’s Scripture

“Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?” (Matthew 6:27, NIV)

God doesn’t want you to live worried and anxious about anything. He knows that worry is counterproductive. It steals your peace and joy and affects every area of your life, even your sleep! Have you heard the saying, “Don’t worry yourself sick?” Yes, worrying will actually make you physically ill. You won’t ever gain anything by worrying; in fact, it causes you to lose precious moments that you can never live again. The good news is, God has promised to bring you victory over worry. When you make the choice to put an end to worry, God will give you His peace.

Decide today to put an end to worry. Don’t feed worry by focusing on bad news all the time. Sure, we should be informed, but we should be more informed of the truth of the Word of God. Feed your faith and fill your heart and mind with God’s promises. Declare everyday, “My God shall supply all my needs. He makes a way out of no way. He is a Restorer and Redeemer.” As you focus on God’s Word, you’ll drive out worry and fill your heart with faith and expectancy for the future!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to put an end to worry in my life. I choose to feed my faith by studying Your Word. Help me to totally trust in You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

16 Nov 2015 04:05 #1330 by DrMike
This is the Day

Today’s Scripture

“This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118:24, NKJV)

Every day that we are given is a precious gift from Almighty God. We should wake up every morning with a grateful attitude, full of faith and expectancy for what the Lord has in store. Sure, you may be facing some challenges in your life, or maybe things aren’t going the way you planned. But remember, each new day is a chance to stand strong in the midst of adversity and see the faithfulness of God.

Every new day is an opportunity to praise and thank Him, to magnify your God instead of magnifying your problems.

This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it! Be glad that God has promised to never leave you or forsake you. Be glad that God has given you a sound, healthy mind. Rejoice that He is making a way where there seems to be no way! Focus on the gift of each and every day and rejoice in what God has done in your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to rejoice in You. Thank You for this day and for every opportunity that You’ve given me to praise You and be a blessing to others. I give You everything I am today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds