Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

13 Aug 2015 03:55 #1281 by DrMike
Find Rest

Today’s Scripture

“Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”(Matthew 11:29, NIV)

Sometimes, the day-to-day pressures of life can cause unnecessary stress. In fact, many people lose sleep worrying about things or people in their lives. But God doesn’t want us to live stressed out and overwhelmed. He wants us to live a life of rest and peace.

When Jesus walked on this earth, He took time for Himself. He got away from the crowds. He spent time with the Father. That’s how He found rest. He was gentle and humble in heart. Do you ever notice that when you are stressed out or worrying about something, you’re less tolerant of others? You’re more likely to say something you don’t really mean. Today, God wants you to cast your cares on Him and live with a gentle and humble attitude. Release your burdens to Him. Follow the example of Jesus, and you will find rest for your soul.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I cast my cares on You. Teach me, Holy Spirit, to have a gentle and humble attitude. Help me find rest for my soul so that I can love others the way You love me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Aug 2015 08:32 #1282 by DrMike
Treasures Within

Today’s Scripture

“But we have this treasure in earthen vessels...” (2 Corinthians 4:7, NKJV)

You have treasures deep inside of you! As a believer in Jesus, the greatest treasure of all is within you—the Spirit of God. You carry the most valuable treasure in the universe inside of you! He has also deposited many other treasures on the inside of you as well. You may not even see these treasures yet, but God has given you gifts and abilities that are tied to your purpose. He has fully equipped you to succeed in life.

What do you need today to move forward? What do you need to break out of your comfort zone? It’s on the inside of you. Proverbs says that understanding is like a well within and the wise person draws it out.

Today, draw out those treasures inside of you by speaking words of faith. Connect to the heart of Almighty God. Stir up the gift inside of you by praying in the Spirit and thanking Him in worship. As you seek the Lord and submit yourself to His leading, you will discover the great treasures within!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for choosing to live inside of me. Show me the treasures You have deposited within me so that I can fulfill Your purpose for me all the days of my life. I love You and bless You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

17 Aug 2015 08:13 #1283 by DrMike
Higher Thoughts

Today’s Scripture

“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55:9, NIV)

God’s dream for your life is so much bigger than your own. He wants to bless you and enlarge your territory. His ways and thoughts are so much higher than ours, and His plan is so much bigger than we can imagine. Choose today to focus on the good things God has in store for you. Don’t allow the circumstances of life to drag your thoughts down. Choose God’s thoughts by meditating on His Word.

The Scripture says to “set your mind on things above.” Those “things above” are God’s thoughts and His ways. Having higher thoughts means thinking, “I am blessed and highly favored. I am above only and not beneath. I am the head and not the tail. I am a victor, not a victim. I am righteous, and my path shines brighter and brighter to the full day!”

When you allow those higher thoughts to fill your mind, they will direct your steps. You will see yourself as an overcomer and live the abundant life God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, thank You for thinking good thoughts about me. Help me to focus on Your higher thoughts today. Empower me to obey Your Word so that I can live as an overcomer in every area of life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

19 Aug 2015 04:27 #1284 by DrMike
He Gives Strength

Today’s Scripture

“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.”(Isaiah 40:29, NIV)

Have you ever felt backed into a corner about a particular situation, and you couldn’t see a way out? We’ve all felt overwhelmed at one time or another. Be encouraged today because the Bible says that when you cry to God for help He will hear you and answer you! He will give you strength when you are weary and power when you feel weak.

No matter what is going on in your life today, God is greater than any obstacle or difficulty you may be facing. Do you need strength to overcome a challenge in your life? Do you need power to stand strong in the midst of a storm? Call on Him and He will hear you. The answer is on the way while the words are still on your lips! Open your heart today, receive His strength, and let Him empower you to live in victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for hearing and answering my prayers. Fill me with Your strength and power today. I give You my whole heart and surrender to Your work in me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

20 Aug 2015 03:51 #1285 by DrMike
Increase Your Capacity To Receive

Today’s Scripture

“Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back...”
(Isaiah 54:2, NIV)

God has many blessings in store for you! He has favor in your future like you’ve never imagined. He wants to take you places that you’ve never even dreamed. But in order for us to partake of all of these blessings, we have to increase our capacity to receive.

Think about this: if you have a one-gallon bucket, and someone has fifty gallons to give you, the problem is not with the supply. The problem is that you don’t have the capacity to receive the fifty gallons. But if you get rid of that small container and get something larger, then you will be able to receive more. It’s the same way with God. If we think we’ve reached our limits, the problem isn’t that God doesn’t have the resources or the ability; the problem is that our container is too small. We have to enlarge our vision and make room for the new things God has for us. Our attitude should be, “Yes, the economy is down, but I know God is still on the throne. I know wherever I go, His goodness and mercy follow me.”

When you have that kind of attitude, you increase your capacity to receive. When you increase your capacity to receive, get ready to live the abundant life He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to believe and increase my capacity to receive from You. I release limited thinking and old mindsets and choose to meditate on Your word. I open myself to everything You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

21 Aug 2015 03:51 #1286 by DrMike
The Promises of Peace

Today’s Scripture

“I will listen to what God the Lord says; he promises peace to his people...”(Psalm 85:8, NIV)

No matter what is going on in your life right now, the Lord promises that you can have peace. It doesn’t matter what’s happening in the economy, in your relationships or at the office; nothing in this world can take His peace from you. But notice the first part of this verse—we have to do our part. We have to listen to what He tells us to do.

You may be thinking to yourself, “God doesn’t speak to me.” But once you receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you become His. The Bible says that you are His sheep, and you can hear His voice, and the voice of a stranger you will not follow.

The Lord speaks in many ways. First of all, He speaks through the Word of God. But sometimes, He speaks through the encouragement of a friend, or through a song, or in the beauty of nature. Sometimes it’s a simple “knowing” deep down on the inside of you in your spirit. If you aren’t sure how God speaks to you, ask Him to teach you. Open your heart and be willing to hear His voice. As you take time to be still and listen to Him, He will speak. He will reveal Himself to you and give you peace all the days of your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise of peace. Today, I open my heart to You and ask that You teach me to hear Your voice clearly. I will listen, I will obey, and I will walk in Your ways in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

24 Aug 2015 03:42 #1287 by DrMike
Cast Your Cares

Today’s Scripture

“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7, NIV)

God cares so much about you today. Not only does He love and care about you, He cares about the things that you care about as well. If you have concerns, worry or anxiety about something in your life today; finances, relationships, your job or anything else, know that your heavenly Father already has a plan to take care of those things for you. It’s a good plan, and He wants to show Himself strong on your behalf.

The Scripture reminds us that the lilies of the field and the birds of the air are cared for, how much more will your heavenly Father take care of you? Today, cast all of your anxiety on Him by choosing to trust that He is going to take care of you.

Refuse to dwell on your problems and don’t allow them to steal your peace and joy any longer. Instead, choose to meditate on His Word and confess God’s promises over your life. Cast your cares on Him and experience His peace, joy and blessing all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for caring for me. I choose today to cast my cares on You and trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I bless and magnify You in my life today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

25 Aug 2015 03:53 #1288 by DrMike
New Times and Seasons

Today’s Scripture

“He changes times and seasons...” (Daniel 2:21, NIV)

God is always looking to take us to higher levels. He wants us to grow and increase in every area. Change is often a catalyst for growth in our lives; it keeps us from getting stuck in a rut. Sometimes, in order help keep us on our path toward our destiny, God will supernaturally open and close doors of opportunity. He will “stir us” out of comfortable situations and stretch us because He loves us too much to allow us to live in mediocrity.

Do you know how an eaglet learns to fly? That mother eagle will take her eaglet to the very highest point—way out of its comfort zone—and then she just releases it. As the eaglet falls, the mother swoops down and picks it up again. She does this over and over until the eaglet spreads its wings and soars through the air.

That’s what God wants for you today. He wants you to soar in life! You might feel like that eaglet learning to fly, but know that God is right there with you! He is bringing you new times and seasons so that you will grow and embrace the very best He has in store for you!

26 Aug 2015 03:52 #1289 by DrMike
The Way

Today’s Scripture

“‘...how can we know the way?’ Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’” (John 14:5–6, NIV)

Do you need direction in your life today? Not only is Jesus the way to life in eternity, but Jesus is the way to everything you need in this life here on earth. Do you need to know the way out of debt? Look to Jesus. Do you need to know the way to having better relationships...the way to overcome an addiction...the way to live in peace and joy? When you know Jesus, you know the Way!

No matter what you are facing today, no matter what challenges or obstacles are in your life, He will make a way for you even when you don’t see how. God loves you so much that He wants to strengthen and empower you to live in total victory.

That’s why He sent His Son, Jesus, to this earth—to show you the way to live an abundant life! Open your heart and receive all that God has for you through Jesus. He is the way, and He made a way for you to live in victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, to show me the way. I receive Your truth and commit my heart to You. I invite You into every area of my being and choose to follow You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

27 Aug 2015 06:07 #1290 by DrMike
Plan for Good

Today’s Scripture

“...those who plan what is good find love and faithfulness.” (Proverbs 14:22, NIV)

Do you wake up every morning expecting favor and blessing on everything you do? Do you plan for what is good? When we plan for what is good, the Scripture tells us that we find love. We know that God is love so when you plan for what is good, you will find God in the midst of your plans!

Today, don’t let the negative voices of the world or get you distracted or pull you off course. It doesn’t matter what is happening around you, God’s plan is always for your good. Pursue His plan. Seek love and faithfulness because what you seek you will find. Put Him first in all you do and find the peace, joy, and victory He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the good plan You have for my life. I choose Your ways. Direct my mind and thoughts according to Your purposes in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.606 seconds