Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

14 Oct 2015 03:56 #1311 by DrMike
Greetings friends,

I will be out of town until next Thursday October 22, if you want to receive these daily tips you can sign up at www.cofatips.org and have them sent to you Monday through Friday. You can also sign up for exciting outdoor events that cofa offers. See ya next week...

Rest for Your Soul

Today’s Scripture

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
(Matthew 11:28, NIV)

God wants to give you rest. He wants to refresh and restore your soul. It’s so easy sometimes to get caught up in the “busyness” of life. Before long, your mind, will and emotions are so “spun up” that you can barely think straight! But even in the hustle of life, you can find rest, ease and relaxation. That’s what God has for you. He wants you to enjoy your life. He wants you to come to Him so He can take care of everything that concerns you.
Imagine how you would feel if someone came up to you today and said, “Give me all of your monthly bills; I’m going to pay them.” You’d get pretty excited, wouldn’t you? But it wouldn’t happen until you did your part to actually hand that person your bills. They can’t pay them for you if you never release them. In the same way, when we release our cares and concerns to God, He promises to take care of them.

Today, choose to release your cares to the Lord. Let Him fill you with His peace and joy. Receive the rest that He promises and enjoy the fulfillment and blessing He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I humbly come to You. I choose to cast my cares on You so that I can live in Your rest. Thank You for Your goodness to me. Help me find ways to share Your goodness with those around me today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Oct 2015 06:20 #1312 by DrMike
Take Refuge in Him

Today’s Scripture

“Taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!” (Psalm 34:8, ESV)

Where do you take refuge when the storms of life come? Where do you go for comfort and safety? Some people find it easy to turn to their friends, their job, or even a bowl of ice cream. There’s nothing wrong with any of those things, but God wants us to turn to Him first. He wants us to take refuge in Him. He longs to protect us, defend us and give us His strength. We serve a good God, and when we take refuge in Him, He will pour out His abundant blessing in our lives.

Taste and see that the Lord is good, and His promises are good. When you turn to God, the Bible promises that you will find rest and refuge for your soul. No matter what you may be facing today, come to the Father. He will give you His peace and strength as you take refuge in Him.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I open my heart to You. Thank You for Your peace and rest and for showing me Your hand of blessing as I take refuge in You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

23 Oct 2015 04:26 #1313 by DrMike
Extend Forgiveness

Today’s Scripture

“Then said Jesus, ‘Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.’” (Luke 23:34, KJV)

When you’ve been hurt or offended, sometimes it’s tempting to hold on to unforgiveness. But we have to remember, when people wrong us, our battle is not against flesh and blood. In other words, that person who hurt you is not the real enemy. The Bible says that your adversary is the devil, and he knows that if you don’t forgive, your prayers won’t be effective. Unforgiveness puts up a barrier in your life to the power of God. In fact, if we don’t forgive others, we can’t be forgiven by God. However, when you choose forgiveness, you open the door for God’s healing power to flow through you!

Disarm the enemy in your life today by choosing forgiveness. Bless those who curse you and pray for those who wrong you. Look at what Jesus did—when He was betrayed, beaten, mocked and disrespected, He chose to forgive. Follow His example, and open the door for victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for forgiving me and giving me new life. Today I choose to extend forgiveness to others. I bless those who have wronged me and ask You to heal every broken place in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

26 Oct 2015 03:37 #1314 by DrMike
Walk Through

Today’s Scripture

“Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me...” (Psalm 23:4, NKJV)

Have you ever gone through something that felt like the valley of the shadow of death? It’s easy to get discouraged during the tough times. But I love what it says in today’s verse, “though I walk through.”

No matter what you are facing today, know this: you are not alone, and you are just walking through. You don’t have to stop and live in the tough times! They are only temporary. Don’t allow fear to paralyze you in the middle of “the valley of the shadow of death.” God is with you. He is walking beside you. He is strengthening you. He is making a way of escape for you.

He is lining up people and situations to bring you out of that tough place into a place of strength and victory!

Why don’t you get a vision of your life on the other side of that trial. See yourself more loving, more faithful, stronger and more blessed than before. Keep moving forward and keep walking through. Press forward into the victory God has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Thank You for walking with me even in the hard times. I trust that You are taking me through my circumstances to a place of victory and strength in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

27 Oct 2015 05:46 #1315 by DrMike
Transform Your Thinking

Today’s Scripture

“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind...”
(Romans 12:2, NASB
)

Your life will move in the direction of your most dominant thoughts. You can choose to think according the world’s system or according to God’s system. The world’s system says, “Look out for number one...do whatever you can to get ahead...make yourself happy.” But in God’s system, it’s just the opposite. You find happiness and blessing by serving and putting others first.

God doesn’t want us to have an attitude that is self-centered, jealous or greedy. He knows that those attitudes end in destruction. God wants us to live a blessed and prosperous life, and that’s why Scripture tells us to renew our minds or transform our thinking. We have to make sure our thoughts are the same as God’s thoughts.

Just like a computer, whatever you allow into your mind is what will come out in your attitude and actions. The more you meditate on God’s Word, the more you will transform your thinking to be like God’s thinking. Choose today to focus on His Word and allow your mind to be renewed. Transform your thoughts and experience His blessing!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I submit to You all that I am. I ask that You renew my mind as I meditate on Your word. Transform me into Your image in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

28 Oct 2015 03:58 #1316 by DrMike
What’s in Your Hand?

Today’s Scripture

“Then the LORD said to him, ‘What is that in your hand?’...”(Exodus 4:2, NIV)

Do you ever feel inadequate for what you are called to do? You’re not the first one to feel that way! So often, when we think of Moses, we remember him as the great spiritual giant who led the Israelites out of captivity. But did you know that Moses doubted himself, too?

He didn’t feel equipped. In fact, he had a stuttering problem that made him self-conscious! God simply said to him, “What do you have in your hand?” God showed Moses that it didn’t matter what he thought he needed.

The God of the universe can take what you have and turn it into whatever it needs to be in order for you to accomplish what He’s called you to do. What’s in your hand today? It may not seem like much, but God wants to use it. He wants to take you to places you never dreamed. He wants to pour out His blessing and favor so you can live the abundant life He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I release to You all that I am and all that I have. I invite You to flood every part of my being and use me for Your glory. Thank You for using what is in my hand today in Jesus name. Amen.”

29 Oct 2015 04:02 #1317 by DrMike
Press Through

Today’s Scripture

“Ask and keep on asking and it will be given to you; seek and keep on seeking and you will find; knock and keep on knocking and the door will be opened to you.” (Matthew 7:7, AMP)

In Mark chapter five, there was a woman who had been sick for twelve years. The doctors gave her no hope, but she heard that Jesus was passing through town. Something deep down on the inside was saying, “This is your season. This is your time to get well.” In the natural, when she saw all the people around Him, she thought, “I’ll never get to Him. It’s so crowded and I’m weak.” She almost missed her season. But instead of dwelling on those negative thoughts, instead of looking at her situation, she started reminding herself, “If I can just get to Jesus, I will be whole.” She made the choice to turn her thoughts in the right direction and was empowered to take a leap of faith. She pressed through the crowd until she got just close enough to touch the edge of Jesus’ robe. Instantly, she was made whole.

Jesus said in Mark 5:34, “Daughter, your faith has made you well.” Notice it’s our faith that activates God’s power. We have to press through our thoughts, press through our circumstances, press through the crowd and obstacles until we touch Him.

Today, with every step you take, God is drawing closer to you. He’ll meet your faith with His miraculous power so you can embrace the victory He has waiting for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I come to You today with an open and humble heart. I ask You to fill me with Your strength, peace and joy so that I can press through to victory today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

30 Oct 2015 04:00 #1318 by DrMike
He Prepares Your Path

Today’s Scripture

“I will go before you and make the crooked places straight...” (Isaiah 45:2, NKJV)

Do you ever feel like every time you try to move forward in something, you hit a roadblock, or something happens that throws you off course? Be encouraged today because God is going before you! You may not see it, but He is preparing a way for you. He’s making your crooked places straight. He’s making your rough places smooth. You may be going through a difficult time right now, but it’s not the end. It’s only the beginning, and God has equipped you for this journey!

Don’t look at your circumstances today, look at the promise of God! Keep speaking words of faith because God promises to anoint your head with oil. He’ll cause your cup to run over. That means when you seek Him, you’ll be refreshed and anointed to do what He’s called you to do.

What do you need today to keep moving forward? Start by checking your attitude. Don’t go around complaining and focused on the negative side of things. Instead, put on an attitude of praise and thanksgiving. Thank Him for making your crooked places straight. Keep your eyes on Him and let Him lead you into victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your goodness in my life. Thank You for preparing my path and for making my crooked places straight. Restore my soul and lead me in the good plan You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

02 Nov 2015 03:42 #1319 by DrMike
Be in the Right Position

Today’s Scripture

“‘I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds,’ says the LORD.” (Jeremiah 30:17, NKJV)

Did you know that the human body is designed to heal itself? Many problems are easily fixed if the body is prepared. You may constantly struggle with a physical problem, but perhaps you would see better results if you would live a healthier lifestyle. Of course, there are some problems the body cannot fix by itself, but God has promised to heal you and bless you if you would be faithful and put yourself in the right position for healing.

Examine your daily habits and lifestyle to see if there’s anything that you could do more faithfully. That may sound easy, but it takes a true commitment to make it happen. Getting yourself in the right position is important to receive God’s blessings and healing.

A Prayer for Today

“God, thank You for Your promise to bless me and heal me. Help me to have the strength and dedication to deal with my problem areas and be ready for Your blessings. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

03 Nov 2015 04:05 #1320 by DrMike
The Blessing of Forgiveness

Today’s Scripture

“Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.” (Psalm 32:1, NIV)

The Scripture is filled with keys to obtaining God’s promise of blessing. It says in Psalm 32 that you are blessed when your transgressions are forgiven. God extends forgiveness to everyone, but we have to do our part to receive the forgiveness. We have to repent, or change our ways, with open hearts. The Bible also tells us that if we don’t forgive others, we cannot be forgiven. Is there anyone in your life today that you need to forgive? Is there someone who has hurt or wronged you? Make the decision to forgive so that you can walk in the blessing of God’s forgiveness for you.

Remember, forgiveness doesn’t excuse wrong behavior. It simply releases the person from the debt they owe you so that God can release you from the debt you owe for your transgressions. When you make the choice to forgive and allow God to heal your heart, you will be able to receive His forgiveness, and you will walk in His abundant blessing all the days of your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Heavenly Father, thank You for the promise of blessing in my life. I open my heart to You and ask that You cleanse me of anything that isn’t pleasing to You. Search me and show me if there is any unforgiveness in my heart so that I can release it and walk in Your blessing for me today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.739 seconds