Guns Don't Kill People, People Kill People

16 Jun 2016 15:47 #201 by Jukerado

Something the Dog Said wrote:

Jukerado wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote:

RenegadeCJ wrote: “Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurances and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.” ~ George Washington

Except that George Washington never made that statement. It is nowhere in any of the writings of George Washington. It first appeared in a 1926 op ed by an individual named C.S. Wheatley.

Sounds like a solid dude, whose cranium was clearly free from the confines of his rectum. Might be a good write-in for POTUS.

Sure, since he would be over 120 years old if he was still alive and that he was a liar. In my personal opinion, freedom of speech and freedom of the press has done much more to ensure the ongoing viability of the Constitution and this country than private ownership of firearms.

Freedom of speech and freedom of the press are indeed precious and to be protected at all costs.

So I gotta say, it strikes me as odd that when ol' C.S. exercised both of those freedoms to express his opinion in his op ed, you've labeled him a liar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jun 2016 19:33 - 18 Jun 2016 17:12 #202 by Arlen
The terror attack in Orlando, Fl, is another government failure. Fort Hood, Boston Marathon, San Bernadino, and now Orlando.

The FBI during their investigation concluded that those who turned in the Orlando terrorist to them were Islamophobes and bigots. Seems that political correctness played a big hand in blinding the eyes of the FBI.

This is not a gun ownership problem, it is a government agency failure problem. And now they want us to depend upon government even more for our protection.

Count me out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: intheaspens

17 Jun 2016 17:28 #203 by ramage
From the Denver Post June 15, 2016
Michael Bennet joins Senate filibuster over gun violence
Democrats demand changes to gun laws after Orlando

Please read the article. The Senator's office will not answer my questions regarding his position Perhaps if more voters contact his office he may feel that it is necessary to respond.

20 Jun 2016 13:10 - 20 Jun 2016 13:11 #204 by Rick
The Obama administration would have much rather the shooter was a mental defective anti-gay nutjob (especially if he was a Christian), so to keep with his narrative, the 911 transcript is being edited to exclude any references to Islam (the motivating factor). At some point, we will need a president who is willing to accept the way the world is and the ever growing number of religious maniacs who want to make it an Islamic world by killing those who will not conform.

Do any of you left leaners agree with the editing of truth? I don't think I need to ask anyone on the right.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Jun 2016 13:55 #205 by Rick
UPDATE! Now the administration has changed the transcript to say "God" instead of the actual word used multiple times.. Allah. Is there really any doubt how stupid these people think we are?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Jun 2016 15:34 #206 by hillfarmer
So what - Allah and God mean the same thing in Arabic. As for your last sentence, I think you answered your own question.

20 Jun 2016 20:50 #207 by ramage
Do you really think that Allah and God are interchangeable in translation with regard to what the shooter meant?

21 Jun 2016 07:20 #208 by FredHayek
While God & Allah are the same to the shooter, changing it to God is an attempt to obfuscate the man's words.
Good to see Team Obama back pedaled on censoring the 911 calls.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Jun 2016 16:21 #209 by Rick

hillfarmer wrote: So what - Allah and God mean the same thing in Arabic. As for your last sentence, I think you answered your own question.

sorry but that is laughable. This is just a lame attempt from the Obama administration to take the focus off of the real motive, which is literal following of the Koran. If this man was saying "praise Jesus" do you honestly believe those words would have been changed to " praise God"? I hope most Americans are smart enough to understand what is happening here but I fear too many are still clueless sheep.

George Orwell

22 Jun 2016 08:26 #210 by ramage
Slightly off topic, but, I believe, germane. Atty-Gem Lynch admitted today that the FBI has lost track of Omar Mateen's wife (a possible co-conspirator). Inspires confidence in the FBI. Perhaps this will be an excuse to take agents off of the e-mail investigation in order to join a "person hunt" (just trying to be politically correct).
Yes, you don't need a gun when you have Loretta Lynch,et.al. to protect us.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds