× Dr. Mike Brooks can help you improve your marriage and personal or work relationships using his over 30 years experience. | Website | 303-456-0555 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Getting Away From it All (2) By Dr. Michael Brooks

28 Aug 2018 08:36 #1 by DrMike
Getting Away from It All (2) By Dr. Michael Brooks

This week we will be talking about boundaries and how to use them. See if any of these complaints sound like the ones you have struggled with!

I was looking back and thought that’d I share some of the complaints from clients whose spouse brought home their work, see if any of these resonate with you.

Please leave your work at the office; we hardly spend any time together
All you do is stay in the office downstairs; you hardly see the kids or me
What’s more important, your work that you bring home or the kids and I?
We had dinner planned with our friends tonight, are you kidding me that your boss wants you to work from home tonight? This dinner has been planned for over a month.
Your children don’t ever get to spend time with you, why? Because you’re always doing your work at home
You’re always on the cell phone with your boss when we go out for dinner, can’t you turn that *#%^!! Cell phone off?

For those of you who are married to your job, I want to give you a word of advice. STOP, repeat STOP, stop bringing your work home and start to become the spouse and parent that your family needs you to be.
To continue reading this article go to the link below:

idontwantthisdivorce.com/2018/08/getting...y-dr-michael-brooks/
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds