285 Neighborhood Dinner

09 Apr 2011 12:48 #21 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic 285 Neighborhood Dinner
Yes, it is. Back in January AspenLeaf posted an invite to the Pinecam dinner here on 285Bound, hoping to start healing some of the rift between our members/sites. She asked me to post future announcements about it here, while she continued to post it on PC, and we decided to rename it here as the 285 Neighborhood Dinner, rather than call it the Pinecam Dinner on 285Bound.

Whether anyone wishes to attend is totally up to them, but from my point of view, both sites exist to provide a service for our 285 corridor members and if we work together than we can fill that need even better than we currently are. We each bring different philosophies, strengths, and weaknesses to the table, but it's the members of the community that matter most when all is said and done.

285Bound will continue to have our own functions too and I hope to meet everyone at some time or another!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Apr 2011 13:59 #22 by RivendaleFarms
I think that's a great idea! Sorry we'll miss this one but will definitely shoot for the next one.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

10 Apr 2011 10:07 #23 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic 285 Neighborhood Dinner
Sunday Afternoon on the back deck at Buffalo Rose in Golden is a great venue also. Many vets and classy folks.

11 Apr 2011 06:20 #24 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic 285 Neighborhood Dinner

Science Chic wrote: TPP, I'd forgotten about Anthony's, but I think it's too small for a group of 10. They have the tables in the middle to put together, but we'd take over and they probably wouldn't care for that (we've been shutting Carreta Vieja's down the last few dinners!).

Anyone else coming? So far it's me and the neptunes!

Think we could take 1/2 the place over but not all of it...

Science Chic wrote: (we've been shutting Carreta Vieja's down the last few dinners!).

That's NOT because of HOW MANY SHOWED........

11 Apr 2011 06:24 #25 by TPP

Science Chic wrote: Yes, it is. Back in January AspenLeaf posted an invite to the Pinecam dinner here on 285Bound, hoping to start healing some of the rift between our members/sites. She asked me to post future announcements about it here, while she continued to post it on PC, and we decided to rename it here as the 285 Neighborhood Dinner, rather than call it the Pinecam Dinner on 285Bound.

Whether anyone wishes to attend is totally up to them, but from my point of view, both sites exist to provide a service for our 285 corridor members and if we work together than we can fill that need even better than we currently are. We each bring different philosophies, strengths, and weaknesses to the table, but it's the members of the community that matter most when all is said and done.

285Bound will continue to have our own functions too and I hope to meet everyone at some time or another!

Sorry, Think I just threw-up a little in my mouth. Got a BAD CASE of PC, and takes a very long time to cure, 285bound has helped. Maybe next time. (Think of it this way maybe more from PC will show if I don't)

13 Apr 2011 09:48 #26 by TPP
Anybody decide anything yet?

13 Apr 2011 10:01 #27 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic 285 Neighborhood Dinner
Uhhhhhhhhh......have you noted PINE CAM has also scheduled a din-din at the local booze parlor at about the same time. Try Brooks......much better place......by FAR. And cleaner.

13 Apr 2011 10:06 #28 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic 285 Neighborhood Dinner
I'm confused: decide what? Dinner's Saturday at 6pm at Madwell's, so far it's me, neptune chimney guy and gal, AspenLeaf, zydecofeva, Walter Ouzel, Serenity, dieslepop, and a few other un-named, surprise individuals attending. I understand why you don't want to attend TPP, and that's fine - we'll meet up at other functions (I'll see you Sunday at the VFW breakfast!).

Oh, and we shut the restaurant down previous times, not because of the number of people, but because those of us who came had a great time talking and the staff were kind enough to let us keep blabbing even though it was past their closing time! We noticed and appreciated that very much!

deltamrey - please read the previous posts...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Apr 2011 10:18 #29 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic 285 Neighborhood Dinner

TPP wrote: [Sorry, Think I just threw-up a little in my mouth. Got a BAD CASE of PC, and takes a very long time to cure, 285bound has helped. Maybe next time. (Think of it this way maybe more from PC will show if I don't)

Tongue in cheek? I think it was a combined event we both attended at the 285 bar & grill.

13 Apr 2011 11:10 #30 by TPP
Sure, still have your card... REALLY? Seems like only 285bounders.
But I know some are on both and that's cool, whatever.
Besides your cool!

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds