Verizon promises 4G wireless for rural America

12 Jun 2010 10:10 #1 by conifermtman
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-12261_7-10209933-51.html

LAS VEGAS--The new 4G wireless broadband network that Verizon Wireless plans to launch in 2010 could be rural America's answer to its broadband access prayers. But extending the network to every nook and cranny in the U.S. will likely take years.

From what I have read in other sources Verizon plans to have this done by 2013. I bet Conifer gets it before that. Hopefully they will have unlimited data plans by then.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jun 2010 10:29 #2 by ShilohLady
If so, I hope they cover the areas that aren't within 1/4 mile of 285! Back where I live is a dead zone for all cellular carriers so I finally switched for T-mobile so that I can make/receive cell calls via my home wireless network.

12 Jun 2010 10:59 #3 by conifermtman
I can't wait for this to get here so I can real high speed internet. The 1.5 mbs that Qwest provides is slow compared to 4G.

12 Jun 2010 11:04 #4 by stcroix2
Our internet, via Wild Blue is anything but "high speed". We just consider it "Mountain Tax", we can live in the mountains, OR we can have "high speed" internet! Our connectivity with A.T. & T. is also very sporadic on our iPhones.

12 Jun 2010 13:25 #5 by conifermtman

stcroix2 wrote: Our internet, via Wild Blue is anything but "high speed". We just consider it "Mountain Tax", we can live in the mountains, OR we can have "high speed" internet! Our connectivity with A.T. & T. is also very sporadic on our iPhones.

My wife and I are IPhone owners as well and AT&T has been horrible. We drop calls all the time and 3G downtown is slower than Edge. I am trying to convince my wife to get her to sell both of our IPhones on EBay and go to Sprint. The HTC EVO 4G is a sweet phone. You can get about $200 for an IPhone 3G 16GB, which would almost cover all of our switching costs to Sprint.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds