what is your favorite travel destination and why?

15 Jun 2010 11:01 #11 by ComputerBreath
The Oregon Coast...from Lincoln City down to the Sea Lion Caves.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jun 2010 12:43 #12 by netdude
Italy and Spain... I have famiglia in italy so when I go there I can immerse in the culture. And Italians know how to live, eat and love!!!

16 Jun 2010 20:42 #13 by FoothillsRealtor

netdude wrote: Italy and Spain... I have famiglia in italy so when I go there I can immerse in the culture. And Italians know how to live, eat and love!!!

sort of like the book "Eat, Pray, Love".... great book about great countries (Italy, India, Bali)

Sophia S Paul, Broker Associate
Home Real Estate
Bailey, CO
303-838-3322           

16 Jun 2010 21:27 #14 by CC
We love to go spend time with Gringa in Puerto Vallarta.
She has 2 beautiful homes there and it is just complete luxury.
Hi Gringa....when is a good time to come down?

17 Jun 2010 06:09 #15 by bailey bud
There's so many to pick from --- I've been in 12 countries other than the USA (12 counts Canada).

Cyprus is on my bucket list. I think that would be a great place for retirement.

17 Jun 2010 09:38 #16 by Wayne Harrison
But you'd have to learn to speak Cyprian...

17 Jun 2010 10:13 #17 by 2wlady
have dived
have dived
have dived

I could never pick just one travel destination. I don't have a lot of vacation time, so I don't I'm not one to return to the same place year after year unless there's another reason.

I think I've been to Gettysburg National park about a bazillion times, dragged there as a kid when any relative or friend visited. Same with the "big" sites in DC.

But, I still like to go to DC because there are always new museums and exhibits. I STILL haven't been to the Holocaust Museum, or the WWII Monument or the Newseum or the Spy Museum. So another trip back is a must. And I want to go in the spring when the azaleas and dogwood and redbud are in bloom. Cherry blossoms would be nice, but you never know when they will be out.

DH and I used to ride the motorcycles to the Jefferson Memorial to see the cherry blossoms. Then we would ride on the GW Parkway and stop at a park by the Potomac River and have brunch. I would usually make quiche, pick up some breakfast pastries, and mimosas. We did this every spring and sometimes it was so cold, others it was just right.

17 Jun 2010 12:41 #18 by TPP
HOME Family, need I say more?

17 Jun 2010 20:28 #19 by Rockdoc

LopingAlong wrote: Wow, diving for 5 weeks sounds like heaven! We love Bonaire and Cozumel for the diving and the people. Hubby loves Fiji, but I haven't been there yet. stcroix2, do you know of any good dive operations in Grand Cayman and have you ever been diving in Ochos Rios, Jamaica?

Discovery Bay is where I did my open water check out dives back in the mid 70's but have not gone elsewhere there. I've been back a few times not to SCUBA but to do a submersible dive down to 800 feet. Most interesting. The Pacific and indo Pacific are a completely different animal when it comes to diving. I was on my way to Fiji when an unexpected even had me canceling the trip upon arriving in New Zealand. Now I doubt I'll make it there. I take it you like drift diving at Cozumel?

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds