what is your favorite travel destination and why?

13 Jun 2010 20:30 #1 by FoothillsRealtor
for me :

I am biased - while i lived in Europe,
definitely Tuscany/Italy because of the beautiful landscape, upbeat, friendly people who know how to live, love, eat...
second Provence/France, because of the beautiful landscape, great food and wine;
but now living in the US, my best trip ever was to Alaska, camping, hiking from Prudhoe Bay down to Homer - talk about wide open spaces and solitude, wildlife, from musk oxen to caribou to wolf, grizzly... seen it all;
yellowstone was one of my favorite destinations too, but I've been there 12 times in 15 years, ready for something else...
love the deserts (arches/ canyon land) in the spring.

Sophia S Paul, Broker Associate
Home Real Estate
Bailey, CO
303-838-3322           

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jun 2010 20:55 #2 by The Viking
You picked the favorite to places that I WANT to travel to. Italy and Alaska. I really liked Jamaica before it became so corrupt. But I have to say no matter where I go, I always love coming home, because Colorado is my favorite place.

13 Jun 2010 23:19 #3 by Wayne Harrison
London because there's just so much happening every day of the week and there's something new and interesting around almost every corner. There's always a great show on the West End. The range of food choices is amazing. You can pick up takeaway and relax in the middle of one of the busiest cities in the world in any of the numerous expansive parks (Hyde Park is my favorite). Getting around town is easy on the Tube.

The funny thing is I've been to London three times (spending a total of almost 30 days) but I've never been to New York City.

14 Jun 2010 00:00 #4 by Rockdoc
I don't know a single place. I've many favorites including Belize for its reefs, Tahiti as an exotic destination, the Canning Basin, Australia for its mostly uninhabited beauty, Germany for sentimental reasons, Singapore for its orchids, Dolomites of Northern Italy for it gorgeous mountain scenery and relaxed life style and like others, I love coming home more than anything.

14 Jun 2010 05:31 #5 by JRSK
That's a tough one!! I would have to say I am right here in my favorite place...but thats no longer considered a "travel destination". I would love to see Alaska some day. and I always enjoy our time in MX not that it's the greatest place but because it's that one on one focus time I get with my husband!! Nothing to do but be with eachother.. Love that!!

14 Jun 2010 06:21 #6 by FoothillsRealtor
I have to agree with all of you, as much as I enjoy traveling but "coming home" is always best. I have never felt that way until I moved here. Tahiti is a place that's on my list and New Zealand, and back to Alaska on a grizzly watching tour (Hallo Bay).

Sophia S Paul, Broker Associate
Home Real Estate
Bailey, CO
303-838-3322           

14 Jun 2010 06:37 #7 by LOL
Locally, San Diego for the weather and nice beach walks and Pubs.

Also, Cruise to Alaska along the inside passage. For the scenery and fun stops along the way, and glacier park.

Wish list: New Zealand and Switzerland.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

14 Jun 2010 07:18 #8 by stcroix2
Being avid Scuba divers, and just returning from 5 weeks in the Caribbean doing just that, I'd have to say the Caribbean (St. Croix, specifically) because of the scuba diving... 55 dives in 5 weeks. Diane loves Europe and very much has designs on taking me to Paris and London, places I've never seen. I also have to make Scandinavia, the farther north the better, on my bucket list.

14 Jun 2010 07:47 #9 by LopingAlong
Wow, diving for 5 weeks sounds like heaven! We love Bonaire and Cozumel for the diving and the people. Hubby loves Fiji, but I haven't been there yet. stcroix2, do you know of any good dive operations in Grand Cayman and have you ever been diving in Ochos Rios, Jamaica?

14 Jun 2010 09:45 #10 by Wayne Harrison
They should invent the word "doven" for that last sentence. As in "Have you ever doven n Ochos Rios?"

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds