Flying the US Flag

17 Jun 2010 08:45 #11 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Flying the US Flag
You don't come by my house, You'll find an older flag for the vets, and a newer flag for those serving now.
Not everday, but weekends for sure, and holidays They will fly 5 days before & 5 days after, 24hrs with the lights shining on them. When the flags are NOT suitable to fly, I take them to the VFW to dispose of.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jun 2010 10:48 #12 by ComputerBreath
Replied by ComputerBreath on topic Flying the US Flag

TPP wrote: You don't come by my house, You'll find an older flag for the vets, and a newer flag for those serving now.
Not everday, but weekends for sure, and holidays They will fly 5 days before & 5 days after, 24hrs with the lights shining on them. When the flags are NOT suitable to fly, I take them to the VFW to dispose of.

Thanks TPP. It isn't how old the flag is, it is how decrepit and torn up it is that makes it unserviceable. I'm fighting the fight with the Breckenridge Postmaster and with the Fairplay town council. I hope to see change in a couple weeks.

17 Jun 2010 13:14 #13 by I am Woman
Replied by I am Woman on topic Flying the US Flag
Thank you for your service to our great country, CB. Both in the military and now as an advocate for flag protocol.

23 Jun 2010 13:03 #14 by ComputerBreath
Replied by ComputerBreath on topic Flying the US Flag
I'm winning the battle. The flag in Breckenridge in front of the satellite post office near City Market was new last night. 1 down, 1 to go!!!

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds