Gold Coins

07 Jun 2011 14:14 #1 by pacamom
Gold Coins was created by pacamom
I have some gold coins that I would like to sell. What is the best way to go about it? Would I get a good price at a coin dealer, or a coin show? (there is one coming up in Colorado Springs at the end of the month)

Or do I just try here?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jun 2011 15:41 #2 by Steve-o
Replied by Steve-o on topic Gold Coins
Gold coins are generally worth the gold they contain with nothing extra for the fact they are a coin. There are exceptions to this, of course. You can probably find online if you have one of the exceptions. If you tell me what you have for mint/year I can give you an idea. Anywhere that buys gold could be a good place to sell (pawn shops, some jewelry stores, coin stores). Call around to get best price.

07 Jun 2011 16:30 #3 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic Gold Coins
kitco gives quotes for gold.
(you can sell your coins to them, if you like).

I recommend Hallenbeck Coin Gallery.

They've always been fair to me.

07 Jun 2011 18:53 #4 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Gold Coins
I think if they are old and collectable they are worth more than the gold weight. I saw a show on History where some guy is digging up old gold and silver coins in Kansas somewhere that are from the Civil war, stored in mason jars and buried. Look on ebay too, you may see some prices.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

07 Jun 2011 19:44 #5 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic Gold Coins
Try EBAY - and look to see what the commodity is selling for first.

NOW is a good time to sell IMHO. I bought about 1000 ounces of silver in 2007 as the depression was becoming evident and now may sell (I made 130% and feel that is good over four years). The dollar will be worth much less in the next 2-4 years. SELL now is IMHO prudent. A sniff of commodity deflation will lessen the value of Gold and Silver.

BTW I am bottom feeding for CO real estate (good stuff only - MILL Iron locally is cheap now - for instance - bottom in 1-2 years (15 cents on the 2007 dollar is a good estimate).

I am a voracious Capitalist - can you tell ??

07 Jun 2011 19:56 #6 by deltamrey
The BS about Kansas is just BS ----that stuff has been around for 50 years - sell.

07 Jun 2011 20:11 #7 by deltamrey
BTW - nobody left in BUM - F--- Kansas - too many moved here.... : ))

08 Jun 2011 05:34 #8 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic Gold Coins
I'd definitely check out ebay...just make sure you use insurance when you ship!!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

08 Jun 2011 07:39 #9 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Gold Coins
I got market spot pricing and good treatment from Rocky Mountain Coin on S Broadway in Denver.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

08 Jun 2011 08:08 #10 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic Gold Coins
Since they're coins - do yourself a favor - only sell to a member of the ANA.

Since you're looking at the Springs - Hallenbeck Coin Gallery is a very reputible company.

They post spot price right there in the middle of their showroom.

They evaluate each coin, individually - telling what you have - what it's worth - and how much they'll pay.

The gold shows are factory assembly lines. They'll use the pressure to put you into a panic (giving themself a better price).

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds