9 Colorado High Schools Make ‘Newsweek’s’ Best List

23 Jun 2011 21:00 #11 by Local_Historian
They did without a great deal of education happening either - yay for them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jun 2011 21:05 #12 by The Viking

Local_Historian wrote: They did without a great deal of education happening either - yay for them.

You sure are hard on Conifer High School. What do you know that makes you so down on them?

23 Jun 2011 21:13 #13 by Local_Historian
That my son's education was compromised because of a couple incompetent teachers, as well as incompetent counselors - for example, he was made to take over the math he took in 7th and 8th grade because "Their system didn't recognize the class listings". They don't recognize Algebra as a class listing? Not to mention they lied to me about advanced classes and so forth when I'd called to ask about it - they told me they offered the same course possibilities as our old district. Not even close.

I should have realized that Conifer would be no better than Evergreen was decades before - but I was hopeful, and then I was stuck. Where we used to live, he wouldf have been attending an advanced high school, have recieved college credit for nearly all his courses, and been well on his way to a bachelor's degree, much as my daughter was. If I had not been lied to, we'd have postponed our move back home for four years.

That, and all the dealings I've had with the school since - inability to answer my questions, teacher's inability to take adequate attendance - if the student turns in homework on that day,in person, to your hand, then clearly they were not absent,were they? Teacher's inability to answer questions about their curriculum and syllabi - if I'd been that incompetent when I was teaching, I would have been fired.

Yes, I have a lot of issues with Conifer, and I'm damn thankful I don't have anyother children left to send through this system.

23 Jun 2011 21:18 #14 by The Viking
How long ago was this?

23 Jun 2011 21:24 #15 by The Viking
And what does this mean? They didn't recognize it? 'he was made to take over the math he took in 7th and 8th grade because "Their system didn't recognize the class listings". They don't recognize Algebra as a class listing?'

23 Jun 2011 21:26 #16 by Local_Historian
They refused to accept that he took those classes. So instead of being in more advanced classes, he spend 9th and 10th grade taking those courses over. No matter what I did. Even used the same book.

He graduated in May.

23 Jun 2011 21:34 #17 by Blazer Bob

285 Road Crew wrote: Two similar topics have been merged into this topic. :thumbsup:

285 Road Crew

Please take this as construtive critisism as it is intended. I was following one thread and not the other. You FORCED me to go back to the first post to figure out what was going on.

Are two threads so much more expensive to maintain.

Sorry, this is a personal pet peave of mine.

23 Jun 2011 21:43 #18 by CinnamonGirl
Neptune it is just about organization. People get confused and have to look up two threads. We are not trying to annoy anyone. It is a common practice on most all forums. Why is it a problem for you? They were the exact same subjects.

23 Jun 2011 21:46 #19 by Blazer Bob
Hey, my pet peaves are my pet peaves. Color me stupid but I find the merge more confusing that two seperate threads.

23 Jun 2011 21:48 #20 by CinnamonGirl
I understand. There are some forums that ask you to look through the posts first to see if it is already posted before posting. We try to do it for you, to make it as easy as possible. Sorry for the issue.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds