Coffee: The Greatest Addiction Ever

03 Jul 2011 18:03 #11 by Sunshine Girl
I've never been a coffee drinker, but Cost Plus World Market has the BEST coffee EVER!

Here's a great deal:

A 12 ox. bag of coffee is about $6 and they have a punch card. When you get 6 punches (6 bags) you get a bag for free. ONLY BUY YOUR COFFEE ON WEDNESDAYS THOUGH. On Wed. they give double punches so you can buy 3 bags ad get one for free for only $18! They have some great coffee!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jul 2011 18:22 #12 by otisptoadwater

40coupe wrote: The trick with cowboy coffee is to get the water hot, but not boiling..."Coffee boiled is coffee spoiled."

Thanks for the tip, this may be exactly what I'm doing wrong. As a kid I don't remember Dad hovering over the coffee pot, he just put the pot on the fire and went back to working on whatever he was cooking and then somehow he knew when it was time to pull the coffee pot off to the side of the fire.

I on the other hand get up a half an hour early to get the fire going and get the coffee on the fire then I hover over the pot to see if it's boiling or not. Once I see a low boil I pull the pot to the side and get on with making breakfast. Practice makes perfect so if/when the fire bans are ever lifted I'll give it a shot and see if that does the trick.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds