Weather

13 Jul 2011 21:00 #1 by mountaindollar
Weather was created by mountaindollar
Just waiting for the early news to come on we heard about flooding in Boulder.

We are in DCVR and just had a small hail shower go through but the sky had that green look to it just before. We are guessing that this means bad things for Denver.

The year our house in Littleton was hit with baseball size hail we had that wierd green sky and then all hell broke loose.

Starting to grumble again here so who knows, the dog hides a good ten minutes before the storm comes, they are way smarter than us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jul 2011 21:31 #2 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Weather
The lightning is non stop here right now. Raining again. We had that hail come thru a bit ago and torrential downpour.

13 Jul 2011 23:14 #3 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Weather
Had a couple waves of rain and some small hail here at the Cave. I like these afternoon storms (minus the hail and turnaidos), the air temp comes back down to a reasonable level and the moisture keeps the fire danger down.

A green sky and rapidly moving clouds with rotation is a sure bet that something bad is going to happen somewhere near by!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

14 Jul 2011 09:07 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Weather
I knew something was weird when down here there was no storm yet but the whole metro area was put under a storm warning. They were right I had about 4 storms in a row go through about an hour later.

14 Jul 2011 09:24 #5 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Replied by Wily Fox aka Angela on topic Weather
unbelievable storm! On Tuesday night, one of our skylights sprung a leak with so much water running over them. I had to put a bucket on the coffee table. Last night, I was moving stuff on the coffee table to do the same and found a bat lying there. It wasn't moving, but wasn't stiff, so I put him out under the awning on the back deck in my hammock, tucked under the edge of a blanket. It's still there, again not moving, but not stiff. Not sure what is going on. We had lightening like I have NEVER seen it before. Power went off once for about 5 seconds.

14 Jul 2011 13:09 #6 by CapKazoo
Replied by CapKazoo on topic Weather
We had that 5 second blip too. Just enough that the satellite system thinks it needs to check it's self out.
But I have a dog who is terrified of thunderstorms.
With storms coming through almost every afternoon, I think she's given up.
Where she used to pace and pant and needed to be touching me, now she just gets under a table.
Any table will do but on near me is *preferred*.
Last night I watched her try to get all 100 pounds under the coffee table.
In the end I guess if the head is under it's all good. :thumbsup:

Never underestimate the power of a hissy fit.

14 Jul 2011 13:18 #7 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic Weather
Big black clouds over Evergreen now but not rain yet.

I think we are going to try one of these with our dog.

http://www.thundershirt.com/?gclid=CKP2hPDFgaoCFUgaQgodyRrG0Q

14 Jul 2011 13:38 #8 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic Weather
Major rain and hail in Evergreen, road by the store looks like a river.

14 Jul 2011 13:39 #9 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Weather
I look north and west and all I see is black, and I can hear the thunder already - yesterday's hail knocked off all but one of my budding Meyer lemons and half a dozen green grape tomatoes. Erg. Time to batten down the hatches!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Jul 2011 13:56 #10 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Weather
Wind, lightning and small hail starting in Kings Valley.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds