Weather

14 Jul 2011 14:08 #11 by CapKazoo
Replied by CapKazoo on topic Weather

mountaindollar wrote: I think we are going to try one of these with our dog.

http://www.thundershirt.com/?gclid=CKP2hPDFgaoCFUgaQgodyRrG0Q

Kind of like Temple Grandin's squeeze box. For the price, it's worth a try.
It's nice and sunny in Harris Park right now and whatever is coming is taking it's time. :)

Never underestimate the power of a hissy fit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jul 2011 14:33 #12 by Martin Ent Inc
Replied by Martin Ent Inc on topic Weather
we are too GrandmaDaisy our 1 can't find a hiding place and is too Big for our lap.

14 Jul 2011 14:46 #13 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic Weather
Our Izabella just shakes until she can't shake any harder.

I need to get the tape measure out so I get the correct size. If it doesn't work I figure she can wear it at a coat during the winter.

14 Jul 2011 15:04 #14 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Weather
I have another crazy storm over my house. Dog is under my feet.

14 Jul 2011 15:20 #15 by mountaindollar
Evergreen is beginning to turn black again.

Can anyone report how it is back by 285 and 43?

14 Jul 2011 16:19 #16 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Weather
Nothing in pine junction. Sun is starting to come out. It never did rain here. Yet.

14 Jul 2011 17:53 #17 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Weather
Just uploaded.

[youtube:12kqkbzu]
[/youtube:12kqkbzu]

14 Jul 2011 18:15 #18 by mountaindollar
That is just crazy.

Just got home does not look like much rain here today yet but it is only 59 out.

14 Jul 2011 21:25 #19 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Weather
It must've passed us right over - hardly anything so far today. 'Course, it's not over yet...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Jul 2011 23:49 #20 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Weather

mountaindollar wrote: I think we are going to try one of these with our dog.

http://www.thundershirt.com/?gclid=CKP2hPDFgaoCFUgaQgodyRrG0Q

I'm skeptical but interested, would you mind letting me know if this works for you? My ferocious Rottweiler/Black lab mutt can't find a small enough space to cower in when the thunder gets loud. This is the same dog that has been known to charge bull elk and has chased black bears out of my back yard despite me calling him back to the house (selective hearing I guess)...

Even as a puppy I have included the Wundermutt in my bird hunting endeavors and I'd like to think he learned a great deal from his adopted pack about retrieving birds and being around guns. When I shoot and miss a bird I swear the dog gives me a dirty look... Shotgun blast? No problem. Thunder? No way!

When Thor's hammers get to swinging I end up with a 112 pounds of Rottrever/Labweiler in my lap or under foot well before the storm and a half an hour after the storm has passed. On the positive side I can tell you some bad weather is on the way based on my dog's behavior, on the other side I struggle with knowing this same dog would confront animals and people who mean me harm but is afraid of a simple thunderstorm. I am perplexed...

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds