Meet South Korea's answer to Susan Boyle - Video

21 Jul 2011 21:20 #1 by ScienceChic
Do you agree?

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiap ... ea.talent/
Meet South Korea's answer to Susan Boyle
By Paula Hancocks, CNN
July 20, 2011

Move over Susan Boyle. Sung-bong Choi is the next global talent show sensation.

The 22-year-old has become an Internet sensation after his appearance on "Korea's Got Talent" with well over 10 million people so far watching him on YouTube. His powerful baritone voice sounds as if it belongs to a man twice his age and build, but it is not just his singing that reduced the presenters and much of the audience to tears.

"I was left in the orphanage when I was 3," he told the judges at this first appearance, "and when I was 5, I ran away after being beaten by people there. I sold gum or energy drinks on the street. I had that life for about 10 years." He told the judges he used to sleep in stairwells or public toilets and decided he wanted to sing after seeing a performer in a nightclub where he was selling gum.

Just him singing a part of his performance:
[youtube:2aiyd101]
[/youtube:2aiyd101]

Full clip of interview and entire song:
[youtube:2aiyd101]
[/youtube:2aiyd101]
(I can't believe he thinks he doesn't sing well!)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jul 2011 22:09 #2 by pineinthegrass
Reminds me of the kid from Taiwan last year...

[youtube:33k4cvs6]
[/youtube:33k4cvs6]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds