So my son got his license today and the insurance company...

28 Jul 2011 19:24 #1 by Sunshine Girl
.......said that we can save $200 every six months by dropping the Collision. rofllol :rofl rofllol :rofl Hummm, I think not! Not only did I pass on that kind suggestion (hey, they're just doing they're job) I raised our medical per person (either vehicle) from $5,000 per to $100,000 (the max) per person for only $12 a month more. Seems like a smart move to me when our medical insurance coverage is 80/20. In CO if you want Underinsured Motorist you have to drop your Collision. No thanks! Imagine if there were two people in each car (two cars) and all four of you were seriously hurt (if it was your fault) that would only be a piddly $20,000 in coverage verse $400,000 (which doesn't go far itself). Good deal I think with two teen drivers in the house. My daughter gets her permit in a week. God help us! Oh, and we live in the mountains. Not exactly the time or place you'd want to drop Collision I think.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jul 2011 21:08 #2 by Martin Ent Inc
Cool... Ok so what's he driving so I can pull over and stay outa the way/

28 Jul 2011 21:27 #3 by Sunshine Girl
LOL Martin! He went to take his behind the wheel test up here and when him and the tester came back he said it made him nervous because my son was too cautious. He said that the yellow speed limits are just suggestions but he should go faster. I told him I don't think so for four main reasons......1. He is my son and my world. 2. He is on OUR insurance, NOT the testers. 3. He is a new driver. 4. He will listen to ME and do as I say, not the tester (I hope, but I'm not kidding myself). We kinda got into it a little bit and my son said I was arguing with him. I told him I don't give a dam* what the guy says, drive smart and don't get in a hurry because you're afraid of pissing someone off. They can kiss my a** and chill out. I care more about your safety and you not hurting someone. I don't care that they are in a hurry or impatient. Sometimes we forget to relax. You never know who is behind the wheel. It could be a kid and why scare them and be an a** to them. Just because we've been driving forever, doesn't mean everyone has.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

28 Jul 2011 21:31 #4 by Martin Ent Inc

28 Jul 2011 21:34 #5 by Sunshine Girl
I'm not a momma bear or anything right? lol :faint:

28 Jul 2011 21:36 #6 by Local_Historian
HA!

I just know our insurance goes up by $87 a month with boy on it. Girl was a lot cheaper to get licensed and insured.

28 Jul 2011 21:45 #7 by Martin Ent Inc
Papa bears just sey Ehh, momma bears are momma's for life.

28 Jul 2011 21:46 #8 by Sunshine Girl
Ours went up $133 per month. He has to get a job to pay for it and gas though. I think that's fair and teaches them responsibility. Problem is he has 4 AP classes again this year so it will have to only be part-time.

So true Martin!

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds