Music That You Love

07 Aug 2011 00:07 #141 by Fool for the City
thanks for the song becky....ya know, I saw Foghat in St. Paul, Mn in 1978....but they were pretty drunk...Wet Willie opened for them, and kicked their butts!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Aug 2011 00:08 #142 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Music That You Love
I'm not usually one for a non-traditional version of this song but Uncle Ted has a way of qualifying his version that I love:
[youtube:bg0ot9bl]
[/youtube:bg0ot9bl]

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

07 Aug 2011 00:10 #143 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Music That You Love
If you click on post reply you will see a youtube link. Just click on it and insert your link between the two brackets

[ youtube ] link [ /youtube ]
(no spaces)

[youtube:2ulbvm3q]
[/youtube:2ulbvm3q]

07 Aug 2011 00:12 #144 by CC
[youtube:31x1pctb]
[/youtube:31x1pctb]

Night guys...See you tomorrow.
Had a great time

07 Aug 2011 00:14 #145 by Fool for the City
otis... I saw Ted THREE TIMES in 13 months up in St. Paul....he was touring like a MADMAN in those days!!!(surprised?). Couldn't hear for a couple days after those gigs!! (Free-for-All and Cat Scratch Fever time period)... thx for the info on embedding,but I gotta retire now. I'll see you all soon

07 Aug 2011 00:17 #146 by CC
This way better than being depressed about world events.
Fool for the city....we hope to see you at our picnic on the 8/20

07 Aug 2011 00:29 #147 by otisptoadwater
I'm glad that this thread has provided a little respite for a few from the mess that is our world today! Escaping from the stuff that we have to confront everyday helps me keep everything in perspective so I can dive back in to the real world and try to fix the things I can.

For me it is important to remember I can only control the things that I have direct control of. At best I can try to influence others but they get to make up their own minds and will do what they decide to do.

[youtube:1q99wpel]
[/youtube:1q99wpel]

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

07 Aug 2011 00:30 #148 by CC
I hope we continue to build this library

07 Aug 2011 00:38 #149 by otisptoadwater
[youtube:mv1ms8kv]
[/youtube:mv1ms8kv]

07 Aug 2011 00:42 #150 by otisptoadwater
[youtube:15gpw6uc]
[/youtube:15gpw6uc]

Time to create page: 0.670 seconds