Another business closes it's location - good riddens!!!

07 Aug 2011 13:35 #1 by Sunshine Girl
I usually try to refrain from any business bashing, but in this case I'm not even tempted to.

I received a letter in the mail last week informing all of their customers that they were closing their doors in the new Safeway center. The business is Mountain Paws vet.

Our one and only experience was last year when we took our dog in who was seriously ill. I was with my two daughters and Dr. Josie was EXTREMELY condesending to me in front of my girls. I was so desperate I decided to still let her treat our dog. BIG MISTAKE!

Being an animal person (large and small), I have experienced my fair share of animal emergencies, some with good outcomes, and some with the saddest of outcomes. I know how these things go and it wasn't that in the end he didn't make it, it was the journey that we all had to go through to get there. That was the worst!

Dr. Josie's husband was equally disrespectful and uncaring. I don't know how they lasted as long as they did to tell you the truth. We ended up pulling our dog out of there and going to......

Conifer Veterinary Hospital
10903 US Highway 285 # E105, Aspen Park, CO 80433-7731
(303) 670-3959 ‎

.....who was the EXACT OPPOSITE of Mountain Paws. The entire staff were the sweetest and most caring people you can hope to have for your pet. Our dog was a member of our family and they treated him like that.

I thought long and hard before doing what I chose to do this morning. Here's how it went:

I called Mountain Paws phone number and the husband answered. I asked him what happened and he kind of hemmed and hawed like it was their choice to close the location and offer a mobile service. Really!?! Their letter said they were given 3 days to vacate. He did say the rents were too high there though. Duh! EVERYONE knows that. Do your research before renting at a place with crazy high rents AND try respecting your customers more. Just a thought. Idiots. Okay, more of the conversation......so after a few minutes of him trying to sell me on how great it will be to have them come to your house and give the shots (or you can save bundles and order it online and give it yourself at your house :biggrin: ) or pick-up your pet to take him somewhere for surgery (duh, find a normal vet that you can go to their office lol ), I told him why I called. I told him that we had a horrible experience with them and how they treated us and our dog.....BOTH of them. I also told him that I have never been happy to see a business close up here - OFF TOPIC -

Oh, I forgot another one that I was happy to see go ---- Lucille's. The owner was to total D*CK! :woo hoo: :woo hoo: :woo hoo:

- BACK ON TOPIC -

but that I was happy to see them go. I reminded him that what goes around, comes around and that it's called Karma. tongue: :biggrin: If you're going to open a business in a small community, then you'd better have really good customer service because there are other choices. He wasn't too interested in hearing my opinion and called me a f***ing b*tch. rofllol Pretty interesting as I never swore once at them. Hum, I can't say I was surprised as THAT is exactly the type of attitude they had even last year.

Good motto for a business (any business) to live by:

TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMER OR SOMEONE ELSE WILL!

Good riddens Mountain Paws and I'm sure your mobile business will be an equal success. :Whistle

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Aug 2011 14:45 #2 by mountaindollar
We only got shots and a teeth cleaning there with no problems.

When we went back the next year the prices had gone way up and that is why we took them in the first place.

We had no problems with our current vet but shots and teeth are a normal call and we just could not see paying more if we did not have to.

I called another time and they were not open Saturday even for a half day.

I would love to see an emergency vet on the 285 side as VRCC prices are through the roof and our dogs never get sick during business hours. We take them to Evergreen which is still expensive but typically at least 20% lower than VRCC.

Depending on the issue our furry kids get taken to the closest spot no matter the price.

Theater in Bergen closes I believe today, we don't go to many movies but liked to get out when we could.

07 Aug 2011 18:20 #3 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I remember the terrible episode you had there, SG... I am sorry that this had to bring up the bad memories again.

another business that had better watch how they treat their customers is Ravens. It's like they don't want any "mountain folks" in there and with tough times still ahead, they may not be able to pay their rent as well.

07 Aug 2011 18:26 #4 by Hoot Owl

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: another business that had better watch how they treat their customers is Ravens. It's like they don't want any "mountain folks" in there and with tough times still ahead, they may not be able to pay their rent as well.

Shouldn't you start a new thread? with some valid info?

07 Aug 2011 20:01 #5 by CC
I guess it is just a bad day for businesses.
I had a really ugly experience at Jareds Nursery today.
I have spent 1000's there and went in today to purchase a lily for the pond and a couple of other plants for the yard. When I got to the check out, a man who works in the pond section accused me of damaging a lotus there.
The hubby and I did have to gently move the lotus in order to free a large Koi that had somehow gotten stuck inside the lotus pot. We were pretty fearful that he might die.
When I got to the check out with my items, the guy in the pond department came to the register demanding that I pay for the lotus. I asked him why. He told me that I had damaged it I told him he was mistaken and he called me a liar. I deliberated on returning my items and decided to just pay and get out of there.
When I left I called and asked to speak to a manager. She wasn't real helpful and after about a 5 minute conversation going no where, I decided to go back and return the items. I took the manager back to the area where the pond plants and explained what had happened. The above ground pond containing the plants and the Koi were so thick with plants that the fish could not swim at all. The pond guy comes back and starts yelling at me and calling me an expletive and liar and tells the manager he is not kissing anyone's ***.
I was blown away. All I wanted was to get a water lily, water Hyacinths and a couple of hostas and work on my pond and yard.
I have never seen anything like what happened today at Jared's.
The guy must have been having some kind of really bad day.
I work hard for my money.....especially these days. I will now drive down to Paulino Gardens off of !-25 and 58th. The manager never said a word to me while the employee yelled at me and her.

07 Aug 2011 20:43 #6 by Sunshine Girl
Try Echter's. They are fabulous!!!!!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

08 Aug 2011 07:07 #7 by V_A
Never had experience with Mtn Paws, though I did notice they are not open on the weekends. Seemed Odd

Any bets how long the bar in Green Valley will be closed before someone else has a great idea to reopen with "their concept for success'?

Lucilee's - the owner was an ass and I was happy to see him go under. The location is to big for this area.

Raven's - her husband is a jerk and we will never go back in there.

My list of places up here with good customer service.
Golden Stix
285 Diner
3 Marg's
Burrito Wagon

08 Aug 2011 07:20 #8 by CC
Do they carry pond supplies and where are they located?

08 Aug 2011 07:26 #9 by BearMtnHIB
I have heard that the 285 Sports Bar & Grill also went belly up this last week.

Their droppin like flies.

08 Aug 2011 07:52 #10 by pacamom
Paulino's has much better lilies, much better selection and significantly cheaper than Jareds.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds