Poll- Checking accounts

17 Aug 2011 13:20 #11 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Poll- Checking accounts
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Wells-Far ... et=&ccode=

Wells Fargo may go to a $3/month fee for debit cards this fall... So much for that, I will turn mine in for a basic ATM card.

"NEW YORK (AP) -- Wells Fargo plans to test a $3 monthly fee for its debit cards starting this fall.

For now, Wells Fargo's $3 debit card fee test will be limited to accounts opened in Georgia, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon and Washington. A spokeswoman for the bank, Lisa Westermann, did not say when the bank would decide whether to roll out the fee in other areas."

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Aug 2011 21:07 #12 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Poll- Checking accounts
Balance to the penny. Don't make many entries, prefer cash, so it isn't hard to balance. And the banks have on occasion messed up.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

17 Aug 2011 21:53 #13 by Hoot Owl
Replied by Hoot Owl on topic Poll- Checking accounts
About the only reason I had to balance a Wells Fargo account is to keep up with fees. Watch out for Wells Fargo. I used them for the convenience of depositing checks, sort of like a savings account, or depository. Although they didnt pay interest, The checks were deposited, and they charged me $15.00 a month for the convenience. I would deposit a $38.00 check and get charged $15.00. They kindly offered me a "BRAND NEW HOME EQUITY LOAN" and I wouldnt have to pay fees-- sorry not interested.

17 Aug 2011 21:58 #14 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Poll- Checking accounts
Wells Fargo is noted for that.Now they want to charge $3/month to have a debit card with them. My daughter had an acct with them when she was in college, I deposited cash into her account, and they put a 15 day hold on the deposit then promptly charged her overdraft fees for every check she wrote without notifying her that they were holding the deposit. It took weeks of phone calls, and two personal visits to get it all taken care of, and once it was she closed the acct. Crooks.

18 Aug 2011 06:23 #15 by LOL
I have heard complaints about WF and other bank fees too. I personally haven't seen it though, I don't pay any fees whatsover. I do pay attention though and opt out of any service that has a fee. The only fee I have seen is non-bank ATM withdrawals, and I avoid those when possible. 15 day hold on a cash deposit? That seems odd to me.

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

18 Aug 2011 13:23 #16 by Martin Ent Inc
No fees for me.

18 Aug 2011 16:51 #17 by archer

Joe wrote: I have heard complaints about WF and other bank fees too. I personally haven't seen it though, I don't pay any fees whatsover. I do pay attention though and opt out of any service that has a fee. The only fee I have seen is non-bank ATM withdrawals, and I avoid those when possible. 15 day hold on a cash deposit? That seems odd to me.

Seemed odd to me too.....they explained it was because hers was a special checking account for college students......We couldn't find anything in the bank papers that detailed extended holds on cash deposits, I called BS, and they reimbursed her for all the over draft fees, then I had them send a letter to every place that her checks bounced. Like I said, it took weeks of constant calls and visits to get this done. Consequesntly I would nev er use that bank.

18 Aug 2011 16:52 #18 by archer
We use Mutual of Omaha Bank up here......no fees and fantastic customer service.....at least at the Evergreen branch.

18 Aug 2011 16:59 #19 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Poll- Checking accounts
I've heard bad things about WF for over 10 years now, but hubby and I have never had a problem with them (he's been with them 14 years, me 12). Love the online bill pay, and the ability to download everything straight to Quicken (I used to save even my gas pump receipts for reconciliation and after years of never having a mistake, I don't even bother. If it balances every month, and I don't see charges that I know I didn't make, I'm done spending time on it. They are extremely good at calling us whenever they see a suspicious charge.). Anytime I've noticed fees, I've either been responsible for letting my account balance fall too low, or they've messed up and taken care of it without complaint as soon as I've called.

I hope they don't expand this debit card fee, but unless there's major backlash, it's all but inevitable. They're already eliminating the rewards programs, and that's fine, but don't charge me for something I've always used for free or I will switch to the local credit union.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Aug 2011 20:57 #20 by LOL
I ditched my debit card today, I don't use it except for ATM, so I figured why have it? I just asked for a plain ol ATM card. I haven't had any bank fee issues, I just avoid any of them when I can and opt out of the stuff I don't need. Personally I have started using cash more, works for me. I would really love to see a 2% cash discount.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds