Amazing Gift

08 Sep 2011 22:34 #21 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Amazing Gift
Just a little history for those who don't remember.
Several months ago we posted a chat log for those who lived through the Hayman Fire to remember those dark days.
Pinecam had an IRC chatroom before they really had a forum.
That chatroom provided invaluable information about fire growth and evacuation notices. It also provided a venue in which people could volunteer to help their neighbors.
Scanner information was provide by Soozee, RG, JF, shilohlady, pinedust and chocolove,Kurt Boyer, myself and Wayne provided information from the DenverChannel. There were a handful of others like kilowatt and AC44 who were also instrumental in providing information to the community via the chatroom and pinecam.com. The website and the chatroom received some pretty heady recognition in assisting the community in getting through such a terrible tragedy. We are ALL very proud of the work we did on behalf of the community. We have continued that work to this day at either Pinecam till we were banned....then DSV ( [url=http://www.disastersupportvolunteers.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.disastersupportvolunteers.com[/url] ), for a brief time at Parkbs and then here at 285bound.com.
Some hard feelings developed over the IRC chatroom and there was a disagreement on how information should be disseminated to the public. Some harsh words were spoken on both sides of the fence and the vast majority of the people were either banned or left Pinecam at that time.
Shoeshineboy, belovedelf, America Onpine were some of the original pinecammers who started at pinecam in the spring of 2002. Most of the history does not bare repeating as it is not productive to hash out the harsh feelings.
Those of us who were banned in that initial sweep are very proud of the work we went on to give to the community.
Many of us who started out as total strangers remain close dear friends to this day.
There is nothing I would not do for Soozee, JF, Shiloh, dusty, choco, shoe or elf. They are very dear to my heart.
Our history is long and distinguished with PC. We know what the site could have been capable of and there is no one who is sadder than we are to see it in it's present state, ran by folks who never understood the vision that it started with and were NOT present to participate in the realization of what was possible......
Wayne pisses me off at times but I will never take anything from him as to what he tried to do for this community. It was an amazing gift that I will not forget. I am just sad that those who drive the car have forgotten what a lot of really good people tried to help Wayne create for this community. Almost every one of those people who began with PC and volunteered our time to try and make a difference are currently banned

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Sep 2011 22:42 #22 by CC
One last thing.....
I will always wear that shirt proudly as it represents to me the beginning of people speaking out when they saw that the direction was off course. That was our sin. We dared to speak out when we saw things going wrong.
No apologies for that. I will wear that shirt for all of those people mentioned above who gave their heart to a mission only to be discarded like trash in the end. I am proud to call those people my friends. They are truly amazing people.

08 Sep 2011 23:47 #23 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Replied by Wily Fox aka Angela on topic Amazing Gift
2002?!??! WOW, I wasn't even in the state yet...

08 Sep 2011 23:57 #24 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic Amazing Gift
Never apologize for speaking up and fighting for something you value. It's the single most important thing a human can do.

09 Sep 2011 05:32 #25 by CC
Thank you chickaree.

09 Sep 2011 06:05 #26 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Amazing Gift

chickaree wrote: Never apologize for speaking up and fighting for something you value. It's the single most important thing a human can do.

NEVER remain quiet when you see a blatant wrong.......you may be disliked,called many unflattering things,BUT,in the
finally analysis it is the ONLY correct thing to do.....it is how CHANGE is accomplished, one person at a time.....speaking the TRUTH.JMO

09 Sep 2011 06:12 #27 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Amazing Gift
I wanted the previous post to stand on its own......I will add this.....we were in Alaska during all the years the fires were raging. Came back in 2004 and was spared the tragedy,horror and sadness. I can't image NOT having a source of information to go to in the crisis....for all the effort,love,sacrifice that the team of volunteers willing gave, I DEEPLY THANK YOU. :heart:

09 Sep 2011 07:25 #28 by CC
Thank you homeagain for your kind words.
We ALL worked together for the love of our community and our neighbors. We will step up again should the situation arise.
This thread was supposed to be about the amazing work and thoughtful gift of one neighbor to another.
That is sort of what ALL of this is about.
Some sarcasm is duly noted and filed away.
Thank you again to Catherine for your very kind gift. The workmanship is absolutely stunning and my heart has been deeply touched by your kindness.

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds