Features and links to check out if you are new to 285Bound

07 May 2010 11:04 - 07 May 2010 11:26 #1 by The Viking
There are a few features that I really love on this site.

One is the Highway Speeds and cams under Colorado CDOT. Since I do drive to the city a bit, it really lets me know which highways to avoid. Also it has lots of traffic cams all in one locatioin and the streaming cams are a great help when driving to the mountains. It will be great when going skiing. You can see live cam on how the Interstates and highways around town are moving.

Also a great area to check out is all the links when you click on 'more' under area newspapers. There are so many great local links and I will use the Stores, coupons, and money savers links a lot. I have already found many things on there that will save me lots of money on groceries and many other things. This is a great place for local business ads and coupons. There are also hundreds of newspapers from around the country, that you can find all in one place. And most any weather link you need is on this page too.

All of our local newspapers are linked here and many important local sites like the Fire and rescue and our Chamber of Commerce for most cites around here.

They also have some great Forums. Including one called 'The Ring' where they warn you going in that pretty much anything goes. You will not be banned for voicing your disagreement with soemone. It is a total freedom of speech forum. That will be great for many people with the upcoming political elections.

These are just a few things that I have found on here that let me know that they put a lot of time and effort into making this a great site for our community. And one that will allow 'everyone' to participate without fear of being banned for life because they did not learn how to walk on eggshells correctly or they voiced an opinion that a Mod did not agree with. I am looking forward to watching this site grow and more features being added down the road. Also, I am happy to add a webcam for Kings Valley when you are ready for that.

If anyone finds anything else they like, please add it. I haven't gotten through the whole site yet and I would love to check out more.

I know you have been working on this a while and your tinme and effort has paid off. Great job guys and good luck! :bravo: :woo hoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 May 2010 11:06 #2 by The Viking
And you know the great part? Since I really don't have to worry about being banned on here for just speaking my opinion, everything I said above is true. I don't have to and am not just sucking up to the Mods like many did on another unmentioined site. :banned: :jealous: Couldn't find a butt kissing emoticon.

07 May 2010 11:54 #3 by MyMountainTown

The Viking wrote: And you know the great part? Since I really don't have to worry about being banned on here for just speaking my opinion, everything I said above is true. I don't have to and am not just sucking up to the Mods like many did on another unmentioined site. :banned: :jealous: Couldn't find a butt kissing emoticon.

Ohh, we better get one of those Viking. Just remember our links page is not done. We plan to continue to add, add , add. Also, if you go to ' The Hard Drive' There is a post with some of our features and we will add questions there as they come in. Best thing to do, as things go on is search there first. There is FAQ on the top right or you can get there through the quick links box too. The features take some getting used to and we are changing some things as they need it. But there are some fun features. Almost too many. :Welcome

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

07 May 2010 12:08 #4 by MyMountainTown
Okay, the site logo at the top, now goes to 285bound.com. Woo hoo.

720-608-0285

07 May 2010 12:10 #5 by The Viking

285 Bound wrote: Okay, the site logo at the top, now goes to 285bound.com. Woo hoo.

Perfect! Just another thing to make it a little more user friendly.

07 May 2010 12:11 #6 by MyMountainTown
I have to call for help on the link issue. I think I can do it but have to do it right so bear with me on it.

720-608-0285

07 May 2010 12:12 #7 by MyMountainTown
And you now should go to quick links or board index to go to the forum index. Another feature I use is the text enlarger on top left above login. These fonts are tiny.

720-608-0285

07 May 2010 12:21 #8 by CinnamonGirl
Also love the active posts link at the top of topics.

07 May 2010 12:21 #9 by CinnamonGirl
Also want to point out I love the active posts link at the top of the board index.

09 May 2010 16:30 #10 by LopingAlong
I find the Blog to be full of intersting stuff and good deals--half price Starbuck's??? Yay!

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds