I need advice from a Lawyer

28 Sep 2011 17:41 #1 by HappyCamper
I need some free advice from a lawyer or someone who has been through this.

It is in regards to a Commercial Foreclosure which I am a tenant of.

Foreclosure sale was to happen today but has been pushed out two weeks. Who do I pay my rent to?

The bank that owns the property never set up a receivership and it is now time to pay rent again but do not want to give it to the bum that owned the property since it now looks like we will not get our deposit back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Sep 2011 18:05 #2 by Blazer Bob

HappyCamper wrote: I need some free advice from a lawyer or someone who has been through this.

It is in regards to a Commercial Foreclosure which I am a tenant of.

Foreclosure sale was to happen today but has been pushed out two weeks. Who do I pay my rent to?

The bank that owns the property never set up a receivership and it is now time to pay rent again but do not want to give it to the bum that owned the property since it now looks like we will not get our deposit back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Even though he may be a poop, I believe you can get the straight skinny from Tom Martino on this.

28 Sep 2011 18:12 #3 by HappyCamper
I doubt they will get back to us in time but filled out their form.

If our rent is not paid the 5th they start charging 15% if he does not own the property I don't see how he can and that is what I am trying to find out.

I would love to send my check to the bank but the public record do not have an address so don't know what to do.

28 Sep 2011 20:47 #4 by Blazer Bob

HappyCamper wrote: I doubt they will get back to us in time but filled out their form.

If our rent is not paid the 5th they start charging 15% if he does not own the property I don't see how he can and that is what I am trying to find out.

I would love to send my check to the bank but the public record do not have an address so don't know what to do.

Try calling his show. I have heard him address this type of question before. Sorry I have only the vaguest recollection.

28 Sep 2011 20:49 #5 by HappyCamper
They do not list a number on the internet so if anyone could share the number and what time they the show runs that would be helpful.

We do not get all radio stations at the store so having this info would be good for us.

28 Sep 2011 20:51 #6 by archer
Replied by archer on topic I need advice from a Lawyer
You might get a lawyer to put the rent into escrow till it is sorted out...

28 Sep 2011 20:56 #7 by Blazer Bob

HappyCamper wrote: They do not list a number on the internet so if anyone could share the number and what time they the show runs that would be helpful.

We do not get all radio stations at the store so having this info would be good for us.

28 Sep 2011 20:58 #8 by Blazer Bob

HappyCamper wrote: They do not list a number on the internet so if anyone could share the number and what time they the show runs that would be helpful.

AM 630 9-12, dont know the ph no.

28 Sep 2011 21:04 #9 by Hoot Owl
The show is on from 9-12 630 KHOW
http://www.khow.com/pages/TroubleshooterTomMartino.html
Call: 303.713.8255

What if you set up your own escrow account, to show good faith?
Good Luck

29 Sep 2011 07:10 #10 by CC
Replied by CC on topic I need advice from a Lawyer
Is it possible to put your rent money into a special bank account and sit tight?

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds