Fairplay --Fair today?

03 Jul 2010 09:57 #1 by LopingAlong
I thought I read that there was a county fair sort of thing going on in Fairplay today, but can't find it listed anywhere. Does anyone know anything about this? I think it starts at noon. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jul 2010 10:03 #2 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Fairplay --Fair today?
It might be called a rodeo.... ?

03 Jul 2010 11:00 #3 by pound dog mom
I have not seen or read anything about it - sorry.

03 Jul 2010 11:02 #4 by LopingAlong
Thanks. It is supposed to start at noon and be a local thing with timed cow-milking, etc. We'llhead on over since it's a fun thing to do anyway--Kenosha, lunch at the Inn, the historical museum...company here, can you tell? :)

03 Jul 2010 11:04 #5 by pound dog mom
I just went out to look for Fairplay events and I did not see it on their calendar.

http://www.americantowns.com/co/fairplay/events

03 Jul 2010 11:17 #6 by Local_Historian
Are you thinking the Como events tomorrow?

03 Jul 2010 13:34 #7 by Local_Historian

LopingAlong wrote: I thought I read that there was a county fair sort of thing going on in Fairplay today, but can't find it listed anywhere. Does anyone know anything about this? I think it starts at noon. Thanks!

Found it
- it's tomorrow

Fairplay has a full day of activities scheduled on Independence Day.There will be a dog show around noon, a parade that begins at 3:00 p.m. and a street dance at 6:30 p.m. Throughout the day, there will be a barbeque and activities for the little ones like a bouncy castle for children for free. Everything's centered around Front and 6th Streets. Fireworks are scheduled for dark.

03 Jul 2010 17:14 #8 by LopingAlong
Just got back from Fairplay and the event I was talking about is actually next Sun on July 11. Wild cow milking, rope and ride, etc. Dont' think I can make it, but it looks like a lot of fun for $5!

03 Jul 2010 17:48 #9 by Hoot Owl
Replied by Hoot Owl on topic Fairplay --Fair today?
Did you go in the hat store? What did you think?

03 Jul 2010 20:03 #10 by LopingAlong
I did not go to a hat store, sorry. Went to the Museum there though--the Park City Museum. Hadn't been in about 10 years; wow! What a difference in that place. It's so finished looking now. That is better, but there was something quaint about things being so...disorganized before too. I love going through things that show the past and the objects of that era.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds