Hello

23 May 2010 16:43 #1 by RCCL
Hello was created by RCCL
I've just joined today, and look forward to seeing where this forum goes. I've been around on a few of the 285 forums before, and think this looks like another good one!

I'll admit... I registered because I wanted to peek inside The Ring, and couldn't! I'm rather political, and look forward to some good conversations here!

oh! And as you'll notice from my avatar, RCCL stands for Rose-Colored Corrective-Lenses. It wouldn't fit! :wave:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 May 2010 16:47 #2 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Hello

RCCL wrote: I've just joined today, and look forward to seeing where this forum goes. I've been around on a few of the 285 forums before, and think this looks like another good one!

I'll admit... I registered because I wanted to peek inside The Ring, and couldn't! I'm rather political, and look forward to some good conversations here!

oh! And as you'll notice from my avatar, RCCL stands for Rose-Colored Corrective-Lenses. It wouldn't fit! :wave:

Welcome and love your name. Does that mean you see everything through Rose colored glasses? And 'The Ring' will pick up soon. If you have somethign you want to discuss that might get a little heated, go ahead and start one.

23 May 2010 16:48 #3 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Hello
Welcome and "the ring" will be fun , join in anytime

23 May 2010 16:51 #4 by RCCL
Replied by RCCL on topic Hello
Thanks all! And yes, it means that I tend to be optimistic, if rather cynical! I like the contacts idea because their scope is broader than glasses, not fuzzy around the edges!

I've got a full plate tonight, but I'll be around soon! Good to see you Viking, you were quite a loss to other boards!

Is it just me, or is my avatar huge? I used nearly the maximum size... think I should make it smaller?

23 May 2010 17:01 #5 by The Viking

RCCL wrote: Thanks all! And yes, it means that I tend to be optimistic, if rather cynical! I like the contacts idea because their scope is broader than glasses, not fuzzy around the edges!

I've got a full plate tonight, but I'll be around soon! Good to see you Viking, you were quite a loss to other boards!

Is it just me, or is my avatar huge? I used nearly the maximum size... think I should make it smaller?

Thanks, but leaving there was a blessing and set me on a mission. I wouldn't have met the great people who stated this site a while back had they not treated me so poorly and then didn't even have the courtesy to give me a legitimate reason as to why they banned me. So everything happens for a reason. I think we are all part of something pretty special in this site. And as I have said many times, the energy over here is so positive.

I kind of liken it to The Lord of the Rings. They had the ring. They had something very powerful that many people desired, but somewhere along the way, they decided to put on the ring to feel its power. Then darkness, greed and the lust for more power overtook them. Nothing else mattered. It is too bad really.

23 May 2010 18:13 #6 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Hello
Welcome RCCL! I think your avatar is very cool and the size doesn't bother me at all. Hope you like the site and enjoy the Ring. So far, it's a fun place!

23 May 2010 18:23 #7 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Hello

RCCL wrote: Thanks all! And yes, it means that I tend to be optimistic, if rather cynical! I like the contacts idea because their scope is broader than glasses, not fuzzy around the edges!

That is a huge avatar. I think it would look cool if you cropped it.

23 May 2010 18:33 #8 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Hello
Welcome! I used the max size for my avatar too, but I think the perspective of yours makes it look much bigger - very nice!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 May 2010 18:44 #9 by The Dude
Replied by The Dude on topic Hello
Welcome RCCL! Good to have you here!! I think you will enjoy it!!

23 May 2010 20:10 - 23 May 2010 20:11 #10 by The Viking

RCCL wrote: I've just joined today, and look forward to seeing where this forum goes. I've been around on a few of the 285 forums before, and think this looks like another good one!

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds