Happy Birthday NeptuneChimney!

02 May 2012 22:46 #11 by Blazer Bob

pacamom wrote: Happy happy birthday. Hope it was good!

It was. Can not imagine a better scenario. If EVERYTHING works out, I will be happier than a pig in s***.

Otis, I remember the beer lamp in the IO after 100 days at sea. Great opportunity to make some serious green selling my allotment. I preferred to drink the beer and forgo the obscene amount of $ offered by some drunks and risk captain's mast. After all 100+ days at sea everyone who was not stupid went ashore with plenty of cash.

Remember the pay lines when it was all cash.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2012 23:06 #12 by otisptoadwater
2 beers after 100 days at sea is hardly worth what the beer chits sold for. Drunk/passed out on duty carries a whole other burden. Standing tall before the Old Man? I'd rather eat broken glass!

Being smart on liberty; too many sailors get hauled in for bad behavior in my day and a few even missed ships movement. Let the crime fit the punishment.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds