October 24-25 Snowstorm reports!

24 Oct 2012 22:04 #11 by pacamom
25 degrees here.

I wish I would have heard the thunder. I thought I saw lightning, but it could have been headlights.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Oct 2012 22:12 #12 by otisptoadwater
Last trip to the log pile for the night, ~3/4 inch on the ground. Had to leave my favorite pair of flip-flops out on the deck because of the mud. Still wet and soggy here, but as the night goes on I'm pretty sure that the snow will pile up. Roads could be interesting in the morning.

The Wundermutt is happy, happy, happy! Charging around the yard and rolling in the snow like it's the first time he had ever encountered snow. He'll sleep well tonight after his romp is over and I attempt to dry him out some.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

25 Oct 2012 00:54 - 01 Oct 2014 21:09 #13 by
Replied by on topic October 24-25 Snowstorm reports!
Thanks for sharing Otis...My dog just took a s*** too, she's pretty happy now

25 Oct 2012 06:56 #14 by LOL
About 2 inches on the deck this am! Brrrrrrr. Got the fire going and the coffee pot is full!

I heard the thunder last night too around 9pm, then some rain sleet on the roof.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

25 Oct 2012 07:03 #15 by Sunshine Girl
We got a good couple of inches yesterday, but no snow thunder. :angry: Hoping for some a few more inches today! :crossed: We spent yesterday getting the outside ready for the winter and decorating for Fall and about 15 mins. before we were done it started snowing. I LOVE the snow so I was more than ready. :biggrin:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

25 Oct 2012 07:58 - 03 Mar 2018 16:31 #16 by
Replied by on topic October 24-25 Snowstorm reports!
Things are pretty icy down east on I-70 lots of accidents and ice. Same up there?

25 Oct 2012 08:24 #17 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic October 24-25 Snowstorm reports!
Snow reports-Evergreen 6",Ponderosa Park 2",Nederland 5",Federal Heights 3.5",Louviers 3,Idledale 4.8 Per Channel 4

25 Oct 2012 08:42 #18 by pacamom
4 miles down Pleasant Park from 285 enough so that a truck differential dragged in the snow going up the driveway.

Less than 2 inches in Pine Junction.

Not icy at all on the drive in except for the bridge from C470 to 6th Ave. Nearly had to play bigfoot with the car in front of me who decided that was the time to brake. Other than that, all the roads I drive were just wet.

25 Oct 2012 08:48 #19 by ScienceChic
We have about 4 inches sticking to the grass and deck.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Oct 2012 09:10 #20 by FredHayek
Not much in South Park. Hopefully we get more tomorrow. We could really use the moisture and I have some trash to burn.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds