Community Member's Daughter Found!

06 Apr 2013 08:46 #11 by mountaindollar
More prayers going that direction, I really hope that the police told her how loved she was and the parents want to come get her and bring her home.

Will keep praying for this young lady.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Apr 2013 14:39 #12 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Community Member's Daughter Found!
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/lo ... ound-in-la

Missing Aurora model found in LA
Raven Cassidy Furlong found unharmed

06 Apr 2013 19:44 #13 by chickaree
That's not an easy thing for a parent to deal with. If only she would call and talk to her parents.

06 Apr 2013 20:12 #14 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Community Member's Daughter Found!
I know that was not a nice thing to do. She could have saved everyone alot of time. Glad she is okay.

07 Apr 2013 14:22 #15 by ScienceChic
She isn't okay. The police released her because she told them that she was there of her own free will, and now having turned 18, they removed her from the Missing Persons list - her family believes with all their will that she is being held against her will and likely said those things because they threatened to hurt her family - that's what these predators do (if you don't believe me, spend 1 hour with Dr Jeff Brodsky of JOY International and you'll be sick at what they are doing to trap girls these days - he knows because he hears it from the girls firsthand after his organization rescues them).

Her captors are clever and evil - they planted her there knowing what would happen, that the police would close the case, and the heat would be off of them. This isn't over...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Apr 2013 14:30 #16 by mountaindollar
You are so correct SC the first time Raven was arrested when she gave a fake name there was evidence that she had been beaten.

07 Apr 2013 14:46 #17 by chickaree
If I believed that were the case, I'd kidnap my daughter. Aren't there deprogrammers you can hire for this, or do I watch too much TV?

07 Apr 2013 16:46 #18 by BuyersAgent1
Chick, if your kid is over 18, it's kidnapping unless they agree to go with you -- not to mention, you have to find them first.

A person can be competent to drive, but not yet make good life decisions, or vice versa such as the elderly. Naturally everybody thinks they personally are competent -- but has questions about everybody else.

To me it's seemed as though the heyday of faux-religious cults like the one at Jonestown, have been replaced with sexual-exploitation cults instead. I remember tear-streaked parents' faces pleading for of-age children to break away from what seemed to the parents like Manson Family "religious" communes.

The good news is that we're living in a day of cellphones -- so there's more ability to get help if people realize they're not where they want to be. Maybe the bad news is, there's no longer an ability to make anonymous calls just to "check in" (see if the parents are home yet and if so, just say a few words) or "hear a voice" (see if the old BF is out on a date) and then hang up -- without leaving a trace. Maybe this makes kids less likely to call home.

07 Apr 2013 20:14 #19 by BuyersAgent1
AOL is now linking to this Huffington Post article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/0 ... d%3D294860

07 Apr 2013 21:54 #20 by ScienceChic

chickaree wrote: If I believed that were the case, I'd kidnap my daughter. Aren't there deprogrammers you can hire for this, or do I watch too much TV?

The level of torture these girls (and boys) endure is heartbreaking and almost unfathomable - sometimes it takes years to heal them of their wounds: physical, emotional, and spiritual. That's why what happens to them AFTER they are rescued is so critical - they need care from people who understand the psychological trauma and can help them heal, and especially in 3rd world countries, learn essential trade skills so once they are of age, they can go out and support themselves with respectable jobs so they don't fall back into the life they initially were forced into.

There's one girl whom Dr. Brodsky and his team rescued who had one of her eyes gouged out by her pimp after she'd asked for a break from servicing customers because she had flu - they made an example of her in front of all the other girls in the house for daring to complain and tossed her out on the street to die. She was sent to a safe house JOY International works with from the hospital after this happened, and Dr Jeff got to meet her some time after that. She told him "If only I knew they would throw me out of the brothel, I would've complained sooner. I would rather live outside the brothel with one eye, than inside the brothel with two."

She is now studying law with the intention of serving victims of trafficking and child abuse.
[youtube:o9dxxefv]
[/youtube:o9dxxefv]

And she is not alone. Child trafficking is now the fastest growing crime in the world, soon to surpass illegal arms sales and drug trafficking. Why? Just imagine: drugs you take once and it's gone, but a child can be kidnapped or bought for cheap and used over and over (they are forced to service customers sometimes 6 times a day, every day, no breaks allowed, until they are used up, diseased, or dead whichever comes first). Because you can use a child over and over and over again, every day for 3-7 years before they are no longer desirable (on average, that's how long before most of them die of STDs or are killed or commit suicide), the pimp can make thousands of dollars on each child they own, and they aren't above using children as young as 4 years old. It's insidious: over 2 million children worldwide and over 200,000 here in the US alone every year will be trafficked. In the US, you will be disgusted to know that there are fewer than 100 beds to house those who have been rescued - is it any wonder that law enforcement and the FBI don't try too hard? They have nowhere to put many of these kids (some run away from abuse at home and can't be returned), so they stuff them into halfway houses with ex-criminals, or juvenile detention centers with current criminals and guess what? There's a high incidence rate of these rescuees going back into that lifestyle because they are made to feel as if they too are criminals - they have no hope, no where to turn that serves them, to protect, nurture, and heal them.

JOY International's success rate - nearly 100% never return to that life. How? Dr. Brodksy has the highest standards for foster care and the safe houses that he partners with. He checks up on the progress of the girls who are rescued - they are not forgotten once rescued, chalked up as a win and promptly handed off as someone else's problem.

Why don't more organizations do what JOY does? It's expensive, it's dangerous, and it seems hopeless/too big to tackle. There is so much evil, and they don't hesitate to bribe cops and government officials to get off free, or to harm those who would escape (or help those who would escape). Here in the US, they target girls in high school and in church youth groups - those who they can tell are vulnerable - lack self-esteem, are angry at being dragged to church, etc. They target them, they learn about them and their families, and they trap them into doing heinous acts lest harm befall their families whom they now know where they work and go to school or work out, etc. Dr. Brodsky is absolutely convinced, of the suicides that occur among teen girls, especially the ones with no notes left, that these are due to girls being trafficked right out of their own homes and they feel so desperate to escape that they resort to the most drastic action possible because they are too afraid to tell their parents or go to the police. The runaways they pick up within days of them hitting the streets, beat and rape them, and tell the girls they own them. They get in their heads, they brand them with tattoos, and they destroy all hope they have.

It's past time to end this cycle. Dr Brodsky has a vision of building safe houses across the world, and of creating networked groups that spread awareness and prevention measures, and help teach classes in the safe houses - animal husbandry, sewing, cooking, small business entrepreneurship, etc - things that help them heal, build self-confidence, and teach them valuable life skills so they can support themselves once it's time to take flight. We are starting with a Women For JOY Conference this fall, if you are interested in helping organize it, please let me know (I'm doing the marketing). Our next meeting is May 4th from 1-3pm at the Conifer Community Church.

If we focus on the next one we save, it's one less who will suffer what no child should ever suffer on this earth. I already know that what support I've given has made a difference in the life of a child and it's all that matters - join us.

Luckily, JOY is not alone:
http://www.joy.org/resources.html

https://www.facebook.com/TruckersAgainstTrafficking
[url=http://www.truckersagainsttrafficking.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.truckersagainsttrafficking.org[/url]

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds