CLEAR CUT........100 FT????

14 Apr 2013 09:03 #1 by homeagain
I belong to a "FireWise" Community......our fire guy has indicated that SOME companies may be requiring 100 FEET CLEAR CUT around
structures........anyone out there have this NEW stipulation from their insurance? So far, State Farm does NOT. :faint: :faint:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Apr 2013 09:34 #2 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic CLEAR CUT........100 FT????
The solution to that is to shop for a different insurance company. Insurance companies will look for any excuse to increase your premiums.

14 Apr 2013 09:35 #3 by Mtn Gramma
Did your fire guy name companies, and if so, which ones?

I find it interesting that people down the hill are not required to clear cut their property in order to have fire insurance coverage.

14 Apr 2013 09:41 #4 by Photo-fish
Never heard of the 100 ft. clear cut requirement. Are they talking about all trees or just the ladder fuels? I think most premiums for Colorado homes are going up this year due to fire issues. Mine is going up $106.
Arlen is right, time to shop around.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

14 Apr 2013 09:53 #5 by homeagain
PER an email from our HOA Pres.......Joe Burgett, from Platt Canyon F.D. was relating new information about poss changes from the
industry. It is a general FYI and he did NOT name companies.....presently the mitigation crew is working our sub-division with the
30 ft. stipulation around STRUCTURES....which is the focus. Saving homes, out-buildings,barns......

14 Apr 2013 09:58 #6 by Mtn Gramma
What is the "30 ft. stipulation"? Clear cut? Ladder fuels trimmed?

14 Apr 2013 11:39 - 14 Apr 2013 12:09 #7 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic CLEAR CUT........100 FT????
The letter was not specific and pertained only to the Ranchos.
I suggested individuals contact their insurance company to ascertain what their specific stipulations are as was suggested by the local fire dept.
The letter to DCVR homeowners states......

The grant requires the removal of all conifers and woody vegetation within 30 feet of structures.

I assume the stipulation is in regards to "Firewise" guidelines.

14 Apr 2013 11:58 #8 by homeagain
THANKS Frogger for the post. I was attempting to give a "heads up" about what MAY be coming at us (here on the mountain).....it is
what it is, we live in a FOREST and the forest has NOT been adequately managed for a very long time, now that the long term drought
is hanging on, the "industry" is going to be more scrutinizing about what/who they will insure.....(read higher premiums and STIFFER
requirements for those policies.)JMO

14 Apr 2013 12:05 #9 by FredHayek
100 feet? Time to break out the chainsaw. I did 30 feet last year.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Apr 2013 12:28 #10 by deltamrey
My experience with "Fire Guys" is they are ill informed......when I put in a deck my "fire guy" recommended concrete.....and a lot more bull. Do homework.
Mitigation is important......management of controled burns is very important........"fire guys" killed three citizens last year as I recall......

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds