Signs...

24 Apr 2014 21:51 #11 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Signs...

There's a twisted R rated Helen Keller joke in there somewhere but this isn't the Ring so I'm going to let it go.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Apr 2014 22:21 #12 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Signs...
A few decades ago I was putting on a lot of miles. I thought about making a scrap book of road signs that were odd and caught my eye. That is back in cameras with film and would have took some effort. Sorry now that I did not.

Two stick in my mind although I do not know if the pictures still exist. Some of my wow factor is just culture centric. Somewhere in Ca. I was driving a causeway and the sign said something to the effect of "do not dump your pets here". I guess at that time in that geographic area it was ok to dump pets where they could starve or get run over but not drown.

The other one that sticks in my mind was on a dirt trail type road in some ranch state like wyoming. This was back in the day when the only important rule was to s h u t the gate behind you.

This was the sign over a bridge that spanned a dry wash.
"load limit, 50 cattle or 200 sheep".

24 Apr 2014 22:34 #13 by otisptoadwater

Oh crap! I broke the law! Now I'm a fugitive from the law.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

04 May 2014 14:56 #14 by otisptoadwater

Was the name of this place inspired by the fact that the food goes "right through" you? I'm spiting hairs but wouldn't the balls be rooster balls instead of chicken?

04 May 2014 15:03 #15 by otisptoadwater

I wonder if the goose that lays the golden eggs works here...

04 May 2014 15:22 #16 by otisptoadwater

I wonder if they added the third line to the sign after someone asked.

04 May 2014 20:35 #17 by otisptoadwater

Is this a real thing?!

09 Apr 2015 22:29 #18 by otisptoadwater

It would make for a good spelling bee word...

14 Apr 2015 22:24 #19 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Signs...
Different kind of "signs" but I like this thread so in here it goes since we're allowed to go :offtopic:

From BeautyBrite

P.S. Y'all are screwed if you get on my bad side! :P Eternity is a mighty, mighty long time. LOL

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

14 Apr 2015 22:39 #20 by otisptoadwater
My sign is neon so you'll have to cut to power... Anywho - back on track:

Coincidence? I think not, that truck is clearly on an urgent mission! :sick: :silly:

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds