LOCAL source for "big" burn barrel (55 gal )??

06 Aug 2014 18:29 #1 by homeagain
Need 2 inches of SNOW....BUT, before the snow flies I need a "burn barrel"....have a never ending
pile of needles to reduce down to give back to Gaia...anyone have a "source"/suggestion that's LOCAL?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Aug 2014 20:18 #2 by pacamom
Wanna old stock tank? It's about 2 1/2 feet tall oval shaped, and about 6-7 ft long, 3 ft wide.

07 Aug 2014 12:02 #3 by homeagain

pacamom wrote: Wanna old stock tank? It's about 2 1/2 feet tall oval shaped, and about 6-7 ft long, 3 ft wide.

Hi Paca....thanks for the offer, I was hoping for something more portable that I could stash behind the
shed when I was done burning,sounds like the stock tank would be heavy and hard to move? IF that is NOT
the case I would be very interested....need to run it past DH.

07 Aug 2014 12:23 #4 by pacamom
It is heavy and hard to move.

07 Aug 2014 12:25 #5 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: Need 2 inches of SNOW....BUT, before the snow flies I need a "burn barrel"....have a never ending
pile of needles to reduce down to give back to Gaia...anyone have a "source"/suggestion that's LOCAL?

Are you a global warming denier? :woohoo:

07 Aug 2014 16:11 #6 by PrintSmith
I would check with an automotive shop of one stripe or another. Try 285 Lube and Oil in Aspen Park. I can't imagine that they buy their oil in 1 qt or even 1 gallon containers. Restaurants might also be a possibility from their vegetable oil.

Another possibility would be to check with a fuel distributor (gas and diesel). Some of them deliver the fuel to rural areas in barrels.

07 Aug 2014 19:17 #7 by NeverMind
I have a 55 gallon drum you can have. I'd be glad to get rid of it.

08 Aug 2014 07:39 #8 by homeagain

NeverMind wrote: I have a 55 gallon drum you can have. I'd be glad to get rid of it.

Hi Nevermind......where do you live, I'm in Bailey DCVR off 43....VERY interested, need hook up info to
come and see/get it. THANKS

09 Aug 2014 07:53 #9 by NeverMind
I'm just up 43 from you, off of Forest. I got your PM - I'll give you a call sometime later today.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds