Lights on For Sergeant Sean Renfro

04 Jan 2015 11:08 - 08 Jan 2015 12:11 #1 by ScienceChic
Heroes Memorial Foundations, Inc has organized a nationwide lights on remembrance for Sergeant Sean Renfro who died yesterday on Hwy 285 helping at the accident scene at Windy Point . He leaves a wife and 4 children.

JAN 10 Lights On for Sgt Sean Renfro

SHINE A LIGHT NATIONWIDE. Sgt. Sean Renfro, a 15 year veteran with the Jefferson County Colorado Sheriff's Office was struck and killed while assisting with traffic at the scene of a previous accident on snow covered U.S. 285. Please keep a nightly porchlamp vigil in memory of this officer and his sacrifice.

5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT A "LIGHTS ON" VIGIL:

1.) Any color porch lamp bulb will work. Blue has traditionally been used for law enforcement but plain white is certainly OK.

2.) Don't have a porch light? Place a candle or light in your window (please be careful when using a candle or use a flameless one)

3.) Shine your light nightly. We generally encourage folks to keep the vigil every night.

4.) Invite your friends! The real strength of these events comes from encouraging your family, friends and co-workers to participate and the internet allows the support to be nationwide. Also, feel free to participate in multiple events simultaneously.

5.) Post pictures to the event wall of your observance. This is an encouragement to the family and friends of the fallen heroes.

"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."

For fundraising see: funding4heroes.crowdfundhq.com/

www.goheroes.us/law-enforcement-and-corr...sergeant-sean-renfro

Edit to add: If you are a Twitter user, tag your blue lights photos ‪#‎LightsForSean‬ and we will retweet!

Every 53 hours, a police officer pays the supreme sacrifice. This page is managed by Heroes Memorial Foundation. www.facebook.com/53Hours

Denver Post: Conifer: Off-duty JeffCo Sheriff officer killed after multi-car crash
By Laura Keeney and Kirk Mitchell
The Denver Post
Posted: 01/03/2015

CBS4: Off-Duty Jefferson County Sergeant Killed Helping Motorist On Snowy U.S. 285
January 3, 2015

Jeffco deputy dies in 285 crash at Windy Point
Sergeant was off duty, directing traffic
Wayne Harrison, TheDenverChannel
3:54 PM, Jan 3, 2015

FOX31: Off-duty JeffCo sheriff killed while helping with accident, 3 injured
Posted 8:15 pm, January 3, 2015, by Carly Ann Moore

www.goheroes.us/
Heroes Memorial Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit organization committed to Honoring our Heroes better. Founded in April of 2013 by Jon Folbrecht, with the purpose of creating, maintaining and assisting with memorials for fallen heroes. Since then, the mission is ever expanding and has formed two divisions, H.E.R.O.E.S. Helping Emergency Responders Overcome Extreme Situations and Operation 12.24.

GoFundMe campaign set up: www.gofundme.com/jocxks

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jan 2015 13:29 #2 by FredHayek
I will have my lights on.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

04 Jan 2015 13:48 #3 by HEARTLESS
My wife must have driven past moments to a minute before this tragedy happened. Prayers for all effected by this.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

04 Jan 2015 14:35 #4 by cydl
We'll have a light on

04 Jan 2015 15:03 #5 by ScienceChic
Some of the tweets from Sheriff Ted Mink's press conference this morning:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Jan 2015 15:07 - 04 Jan 2015 15:16 #6 by ScienceChic
Some photos have already been posted:

A blog post written by one of his friends: Missing my friend, Sheriff Sean Renfro

Attachments:

08 Jan 2015 11:56 - 08 Jan 2015 15:36 #7 by ScienceChic
Sgt Renfro's funeral service is scheduled for Monday.
Edit to update: details are here: jeffco.us/sheriff/news/2015/sergeant-sea...raising-information/

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office has created a campaign to raise money for his family, you can find it here: funding4heroes.crowdfundhq.com/campaigns...ff-s-office-colorado

Also, Brooks Place Tavern is having a fundraiser tomorrow as Steve and Janice knew Sgt Renfro; their kids went to school together. Please stop in and have dinner and donate a little extra if you can. I'll be there for lunch! Janice was asking for patio heaters if anyone has one they can loan them for the day. I believe they have at least 3, but I don't know if they'd like more or need more. Please call them to confirm/arrange drop-off. 303-816-1499
Thanks!

08 Jan 2015 12:19 #8 by ScienceChic
From Max, Sean's oldest son in the Lights On for Sgt Renfro 53 Hours Facebook event :

Thank you all its just going to be different not having my dad with me I mean I was the trouble kid in school with playing football and everything and my dad never gave up on me no matter how much a pain I was and now he's shown me what a true dad is and all the amazing moment we have had and him teaching me what life is truly about

:tulip:

08 Jan 2015 15:40 - 08 Jan 2015 15:42 #9 by ScienceChic

Sergeant Sean Renfro Memorial Services and Fundraising Information

Memorial service
The service will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Monday, January 12th at Faith Bible Chapel, 6250 Wright St., Arvada, CO 80004.

Seating will begin at 10:15. There will be reserved seating signage at the church for uniform and civilian employees.

The services are expected to last for a little over an hour.

Multiple law enforcement honor guard units will be conducting a cordon at the conclusion of the memorial service.

All uniform personnel dress in Class A uniform.

Procession
Procession assistance is being provided by Colorado State Patrol, Lakewood PD, Golden PD, Aurora PD, Arvada PD, Wheat Ridge PD, Thornton PD and Morrison PD.

The Procession route from Faith Bible Chapel:
Southbound Ward Road
Westbound I-70
Eastbound C-470
Southbound Hwy. 285
Northbound Hwy. 73
Southbound Turkey Creek Road

Public Viewing
A public viewing will be from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 10th at Horan and McConaty at 3101 S. Wadsworth Blvd.

Donations
There are several ways donations are being accepted:
Send donations to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office, c/o: Sgt. Renfro Family Liaison, 200 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, CO 80401. Checks made payable to: ‘Crystal Renfro’

Click here to support Sgt. Sean Renfro’s family with the gofundme account established by his church. Over $49,000 has been donated thus far.

Heroes Memorial Foundation has established an account they hope to go nationwide. To donate or share click here .

Events
Friday, Jan. 9th
Brooks Place Tavern, in Conifer
The restaurant owners, employers of Sean’s son, will donate 10% of all sales all day Friday (open to close) to the Renfro family as well as 100% of Sean’s ‘usuals’ (Hoegarden beer and cheese pretzels). Janice and Dawn will be serving drinks and food that evening on the heated patio and donating their tips to the family as well!
us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=72ec64264f9...5fd1b5&id=280a559b01

Saturday, Jan. 17th
Moore Lumber & Hardware, in Pine (Sean’s son’s employer)
Lunch and live Entertainment
(More details coming…)

Sunday, Jan. 25th 10 a.m.
Knights of Columbus Council Breakfast Fund Raiser
St. Mary of the Rockies Church
236 Bulldogger Rd.
Bailey, CO

Lights on Campaign
Join the virtual facebook event and leave a light on for Sgt. Sean Renfro. Share a picture of your light on twitter as well using the hashtag #LightsForSean

January 8, 2015

Last Updated: 1-8-2015

Jacki Kelley
Public Information Director
303-271-5697
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Mark Techmeyer
Public Information Officer
303-271-5602
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Attachments:

10 Jan 2015 09:39 #10 by ScienceChic
I don't know if they have any left by now, but last night Steve Brooks put out some wine for sale that had been donated by one of their distributors toward the Renfro Family fundraiser. The bottles were $40 each and that whole amount went to the donations. It was packed yesterday for lunch and I've seen a picture that looked even more busy at dinner, what a great community we have! At lunch I ran into Rivendale Farms, MsMAM, pepperfan451, Lori from Evergreen Christian Outreach, Scott Zorno and his lovely wife Cari of High Country Ice Solutions, our Conifer Chamber Executive Director Melanie Swearengin and her husband, Pastor Lance of Conifer Community Church, Jennifer Eleniewski of Creekside Insurance and Nancy Staub with State Farm, and got to meet in person the new admin of our MMT Facebook page, MissChris. The community support was so heartwarming to see, thank you if you've been able to donate or help in any way.

Apparently JJ Madwells is going to do a similar fundraiser on 1/22 for the Renfro's. They are sorely in need as they are still waiting to hear if they will receive full benefits from the Sheriff's Office. Since Sean died while off-duty there's uncertainty.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds