Thunder snow!!

17 Apr 2015 09:04 #1 by cydl
Thunder snow!! was created by cydl
So the Lord & Master & I are sitting here working away when we see a bright flash and think "WTF???!!!" as the power has glitched out a couple of times, then there's a loud bang of thunder!

LOL! Gotta love spring snowstorms! :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Apr 2015 09:23 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Thunder snow!!
:like: Looks like SC took down the snow smilies too soon... :evil:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Apr 2015 09:47 - 17 Apr 2015 09:48 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Thunder snow!!
LOL, you're absolutely right - just wishful thinking on my part!

Your wish is my command: voila, shoveling, snowblowing, plowing, and snowing are back. :coolwink:

I just got done shoveling, it is heavy, heavy snow. The roads are only wet/little slushy in Lakewood so not bad at all.
:jacuzzi:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Apr 2015 10:02 #4 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Thunder snow!!

ScienceChic wrote: LOL, you're absolutely right - just wishful thinking on my part!

Your wish is my command: voila, shoveling, snowblowing, plowing, and snowing are back. :coolwink:

I just got done shoveling, it is heavy, heavy snow. The roads are only wet/little slushy in Lakewood so not bad at all.
:jacuzzi:

I applaud you. While I am not going anywhere except the wood pile I thought it prudent to shovel off a vehicle. Gave it up as a bad job. It sticks to the shovel better than elmers glue.

17 Apr 2015 10:28 #5 by cydl
Replied by cydl on topic Thunder snow!!
Spray a little cooking oil on the shovel. Works great!

Better yet, stay indoors with Jack & Ginger. That's what I'm planning on doing - at least until tomorrow. :shovelsnow:

17 Apr 2015 10:48 #6 by FredHayek
And it looks like the snow will be a threat in the mountains for a few more days. :dogsled: Mush you huskies mush! Not looking forward to the drive home. Might have to sneak out of Spacely's Sprockets a little early today.

17 Apr 2015 10:50 #7 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Thunder snow!!
cydl, so Mr. Daniels and Mrs. Ale are at your house now. When I finish shoveling (tears of agony also keep it clear) then a grocery store and maybe liquor store run before the friendly visit and an afternoon nap. :snowblow:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

17 Apr 2015 11:41 #8 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic Thunder snow!!

ScienceChic wrote: LOL, you're absolutely right - just wishful thinking on my part!

Snow tires stay on the vehicle until Mother's Day every year, might be a good rule of thumb for the snow emoticons too.

17 Apr 2015 11:55 #9 by FredHayek
It is raining like crazy in Lakewood right now. If it was only 10 degrees colder, it would have been a historic Spring storm.

17 Apr 2015 11:58 #10 by cydl
Replied by cydl on topic Thunder snow!!

FredHayek wrote: Might have to sneak out of Spacely's Sprockets a little early today.

Make a run for it if you can. The snow has stopped for the moment and the sun is out. Looks like the roads are just wet right now. I'm guessing that won't last long...

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds