Once-flourishing Journey Church crumbled amid questions about debt, & more

06 May 2015 15:49 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
A loss of faith
Once-flourishing Journey Church crumbled amid questions about debt, unkept promises and alleged intolerance
By Gabrielle Porter
Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The now-defunct Journey Community Church — the upstart congregation that once drew hundreds of Sunday worshipers to the Conifer High auditorium — has severed its last tangible tie to the area by selling its 45-acre ranch.

For the church’s former leaders, the land sale marks the end of a chapter: The proceeds will pay off $1.1 million in bonds that saddled the young congregation with a massive financial obligation. The issuing bank has confirmed that Journey’s bond accounts have been paid out and that bondholders should see their checks within weeks.

But for many disillusioned parishioners, the church left a disappointing and disturbing legacy, which includes a state securities investigation; an allegation of an improper relationship between a church leader and a teenager; and numerous debts that remain unpaid.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 May 2015 19:18 #2 by HappyCamper
This is very sad I hope the schools and such get their money back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds